Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: overvalue of AQ?

want to take a shot at the lowest Ax you call with? i think it depends on how short the others are at the table somewhat, but whatever.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
want to take a shot at the lowest Ax you call with? i think it depends on how short the others are at the table somewhat, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe ATs or AJo. Maybe slightly smaller if you feel like gambling.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:21 PM

Have the previous re-raises put you all-in?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:22 PM

I call.

Given the information in the second post, does anyone like a limp/reraise in this spot?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

Given the information in the second post, does anyone like a limp/reraise in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's going to try to bully us by reraising, I say just let him do it, and we have our easy call. I think a limp/reraise might give him a chance to get away from a hand that we want him pushing over the top of us. It just seems that you'll still lose to the hands you beat, but might let him fold some of the hands that we want him to play back at us with for his whole stack.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's going to try to bully us by reraising, I say just let him do it, and we have our easy call. I think a limp/reraise might give him a chance to get away from a hand that we want him pushing over the top of us. It just seems that you'll still lose to the hands you beat, but might let him fold some of the hands that we want him to play back at us with for his whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah
Old 05-03-2005, 12:48 PM

I was on the fence.... but given this metagame tidbit you absolutely have to be in good shape vs. his range of hands. Hope he didn't have the goods this time....

-tpir
Old 05-03-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first thought, originally limping. Seems like a raise w/ only the bb to act screams to the bb "I'm stealing from you". Limping lets you hide your hand, as hopefully he checks and you get to see a flop to make a decision there. It's much easier to laydown if the flop sucks for you when you haven't invested that much in the first place. Or, alternativly if he raises you PF you can come back at him all in. I'd be confident in an all even more so given your second post.

As the second biggest stack at the table, why get involved in a big pot with the chip leader, when you really don't need to? I don't see any reason not to wait for a better spot. I also hate AQ, as a hand.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's much easier to laydown if the flop sucks for you when you haven't invested that much in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you looking for a fold here? AQ is a monster in this spot.

[ QUOTE ]
As the second biggest stack at the table, why get involved in a big pot with the chip leader, when you really don't need to? I don't see any reason not to wait for a better spot. I also hate AQ, as a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

context, my boy, context.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:23 PM

oh, if this was vs TheForiegner, my chips beat his into the pot.