Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: fancy or good?

Hey Cash,

There are dudes that I'm going to use this line against, but sans read, I'm betting the turn and probably paying off a checkraise.

I really don't get the idea of inducing a bluff that you can raise on the river, though. That's just dumb. If you're checking the turn to induce, calling the river is correct.

Rob
Old 05-02-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking you could probably fold to a 3-bet. But even if you call I think raise/call is better than just call.

My other thought is someone who sits and posts in MP1 is more than likely paying off a raise with a lot here, especially after your seemingly unusual turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually left the table for a quick second and then hopped into another seat, which I think is why he posted there. He had been playing for awhile but decided to move I guess.

I'm torn on the river. It seems if I raise and he 3-bets I'm only good a very small percentage of the time, so calling it down doesn't seem right.

I also figured if he totally missed or had bottom pair or the like he wouldn't pay it off anyway.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:53 PM

Entity,

It's 2/4 heads up against an MP1 poster. I think pretty much any pair is paying off the river raise. It's not always a bluff. And on a Q62 rainbow board it's likely some smaller pair. Hell, I think A-high pays off some in this situation. Just my opinion. But I admit that just calling isn't a huge mistake if at all. But considering the situation it seems to me a raise is good here.

Chief
Old 05-02-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Cash,

There are dudes that I'm going to use this line against, but sans read, I'm betting the turn and probably paying off a checkraise.

I really don't get the idea of inducing a bluff that you can raise on the river, though. That's just dumb. If you're checking the turn to induce, calling the river is correct.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I thought about the river play also, but apparently it's incorrect.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Entity,

It's 2/4 heads up against an MP1 poster. I think pretty much any pair is paying off the river raise. It's not always a bluff. And on a Q62 rainbow board it's likely some smaller pair. Hell, I think A-high pays off some in this situation. Just my opinion. But I admit that just calling isn't a huge mistake if at all. But considering the situation it seems to me a raise is good here.

Chief

[/ QUOTE ]

Chief,

If the sort of player you're inducing a bluff against will pay off with Ace-high, you're better off just betting the turn and the river.

Rob
Old 05-02-2005, 03:11 PM

I forgot to put up the results.

He had AT, and MHIG.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the sort of player you're inducing a bluff against will pay off with Ace-high, you're better off just betting the turn and the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I couldn't agree more. So I guess I xxxxed up assuming that MP1 was that loose because cold cash wouldn't likely use this line against someone who would still call the turn with any piece. So I agree that either betting the turn or calling the river are best. And since any 5 outers just became 2 outers this line seems OK against someone tight enough to fold the turn with a 2,6 or pocket pair with this small of a pot, especially if cash felt he would have to call down to a turn check/raise.

I just see 2/4 and MP1 poster and make some assumptions that may not always be true.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:46 PM

Bet this turn and call down a check-raise. No other way to play it. Hell, I'm almost happy when he check-raises since it's going to be some stupid bluff so often.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that Entity said, and in particular the last bit that I bolded.