Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: I quit poker

I am taking it as a learning experience and I appreciate the criticism. I'm spending the next week reviewing all of my HU matches and revising my game. I have no illusions about my play.

However, I'm still incredibly pissed off about how many times we would go 6 bets PF and he would suck out with a dominated hand.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am taking it as a learning experience and I appreciate the criticism. I'm spending the next week reviewing all of my HU matches and revising my game. I have no illusions about my play.

However, I'm still incredibly pissed off about how many times we would go 6 bets PF and he would suck out with a dominated hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but I would guess you're conveniently forgetting times when you suck out on your opponent.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:41 PM

I stupidly went HU with a guy in 5/10 once after he sucked out on me one too many times. It was a disaster. I didn't have any experience really at HU and lost about 20-25BB before I realized it wasn't all suckouts. Valuable learning experience for me. As for you, you just paid for an expensive lesson. What that lesson is now becomes up to you.

Good idea to spend a long time reviewing this session. One idea/question that I would pose. Does anyone see his PF bets as a way to try to establish dominance in the hand? I.e., trying to take control. Is he doing this based on knowing that he can let go later if he doesn't connect and that he can make it up if he does?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:46 PM

If dropping 15k at 100/200, esp HU - spins you into this type of a fit...then quit freaking playing 1/2. It's much harder to drop 15k at 30/60 and under. It will at least take a couple days of running really shitty.

Nobody likes losing that much in one day, but when you get up to these stakes and play often enough, it'll happen at least once a month, if not a handful of times.

Didn't you just move to 15/30 within the last copule months? Why the hurry to move even higher so quick?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I promised myself I would never post a bad beat hand but this is too much. I quit poker.

Ultimate Bet 100/200 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Ah (two pair, aces and tens).
BB has Td 4d (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: BB wins 13 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what you get for playing Phil Helmuth... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't you just move to 15/30 within the last copule months? Why the hurry to move even higher so quick?

[/ QUOTE ]

He saw a like 5 handed game with layne flack and a couple "fish" at 150/300 so he sat down and won a ton of money, or something like that. I think he is seriously underrolled for these games.

Him getting busted for a ton and crying about it does not suprise me at all. He seems like has no idea what good game selection is.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:54 PM

Not quite. I ran up about 5k playing SH 15/30 so I took a shot at 50/100. Ran up another 10k or so, took a shot at 80/160. Ran up another 10k, took a shot at 150/300. Ran up another 10k. Made somewhere around 40k in the past 2 weeks. I lost a lot of it yesterday. I am pretty underrolled for it, as I said, but I don't really care. I'll be back.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost a lot of it yesterday. I am pretty underrolled for it, as I said, but I don't really care. I'll be back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but unless you improve your game/table selection, you'll get busted again.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I AM TILTING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a post you made about being able to focus more when you play stoned, so I was going to jokingly say here that maybe you should just smoke some pot and relax.

But I didn't want a good natured attempt to lighten you up to come off as being sarcastic. You don't look like you'd see the humour in it right now, even though a good laugh is sometimes the best medicine in spots like this. Tough beat. You'll be back.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not quite. I ran up about 5k playing SH 15/30 so I took a shot at 50/100. Ran up another 10k or so, took a shot at 80/160. Ran up another 10k, took a shot at 150/300. Ran up another 10k. Made somewhere around 40k in the past 2 weeks. I lost a lot of it yesterday. I am pretty underrolled for it, as I said, but I don't really care. I'll be back.

[/ QUOTE ]

You "ran up" about 5k playing 15/30? 5k at 15/30 is a good player's expectancy for playing 15/30 online in about a week. And you "ran up" 10k at 150/300. That is 30 bets. This post makes you sound like you are in way over your head.