Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Here\'s a brand new one.

What style of play does it promote? Lose Agressive like brunson, or Tight Agressive like most HOH? I think this may have been asked on this thread or someplace else, but maybe one of the authors or readers can answer it for me.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Odds question

Hi, and thanks for buying the book.

As always, it depends on the situation.

We have several examples (mostly in the chapter on odds) that discuss the odds you're getting relative to the chances of making your hand on the next card. We are assumning in these examples that the bet you are facing will not put you all-in.

In later examples, we discuss odds in terms of making your hand by the river. As you mentioned, this is important if the bet on the flop that you are facing will put you all-in.

We also discuss, as you have probably read, implied odds. This concept has implications in both of the above situations, but we warn you not to take the concept too far. Players tend to over-estimate their implied odds as an excuse to make a bad call. I'm guessing you know most or all of this already, but I wanted to reiterate some of the concepts we discuss to answer your question.

I hope this helps.