Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Two weird hands vs skilled 2+2\'er

I thought about this hand more in the shower-- I think better in the shower.

I guess it depends on how good the 2+2er is. See, because you can't be getting cute with TPTK or something, because you would have raised the turn so as to not give a flush draw a free shot at the river with a weak flush card. If you have AxKh you raise the turn because the river might kill your action. So you can't be raising him with one pair on the river, so since you have to have at least two pair, he has to have at least two pair. But there are no two pair or better you could have that he could also have, because the board is so raggy, so he has to have better than two pair. I think he could have the flush, a lower set or possibly a straight, in order of likelihood. So add all that on top to the previous post.

It is funny because if the 2+2er was the BB, you would call the river for sure because it is way more likely he has an underset than if he was in the SB. I don't know. I still call the river I guess on the outside chance he does have an underset. It is close enough so that I don't really know if folding or calling is better, so in those cases I just call by default.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:09 PM

FWIW the skilled 2p2er in hand 2 4bet me with As7s and called my 5bet on a board of 6d 4c 8h 3h 5h after the following action leading up to river: I open MP 6 handed game, he 3 bets from SB I cap. He c/r me on flop I call. He bets turn I raise he calls.

Which I think is reason enough to NEVER fold to the 3-bet in hand two.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Hand 1: Looks good, the only alternative I see is raising the flop, but I think I like calling better.

Hand 2: I really hate the river fold. I think you are up against a smaller set or even two pair ofen enough to make this at least a call. I think most likely you get shown 66 or TT, and sometimes AK or AT. I think you see the flush pretty infrequently here. In the range of hands villain can put you on are big aces, AA, TT, and maybe even 88-KK if you two have a history of playing at each other. He can make this reraise with a alot of second best hands. If he thinks there is any chance of getting you to fold a hand as big as top set here, expect a lot of shots to be taken at you. (Maybe that is the point of the post, to get 2+2ers to take shots at you and give you free cards OOP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 04-27-2005, 01:28 PM

Hand 1 looks well played. I don't think raising makes any sense anywhere.

Hand 2 I don't like the river fold. You played your hand in a way that's tough for your opponent to figure out what you have, so he might underestimate your strength.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW the skilled 2p2er in hand 2 4bet me with As7s and called my 5bet on a board of 6d 4c 8h 3h 5h after the following action leading up to river: I open MP 6 handed game, he 3 bets from SB I cap. He c/r me on flop I call. He bets turn I raise he calls.

Which I think is reason enough to NEVER fold to the 3-bet in hand two.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 07:45 PM

Nikla,

I have no clue what happened in hand 2. I've been rolling it over all day in my mind and I can't figure it out. Can you shed some light?

Krishan
Old 04-27-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have a winner, buy this man a drink. Follow the Australians advice in this thread and though shalt not falter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you can make it a carlton draught, none of that ruddy xxxx cat piss you banana benders drink.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever want to raise flop or turn in hand #1?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying its auto to raise the flop but obviously if i get money in 3 or 4 way on the flop in hand 1 i'm getting great value - even heads up is ok

as for the turn i cant do better than allin's reply (i prefer a melbourne bitter)

usually the tables i'm playing at see me do plenty of raising so i'm not going to assume i'm killing lots of action

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 04-27-2005, 08:41 PM

shouldn't you raise the turn in hand 2 to get value vs. hearts?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:23 PM

I think you should raise the turn in hand 2. You charge him if he has a big heart and you still have outs if he already has a made flush.