Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Maintaining BR

Where u are at right now, is pretty much where everyone starts. U need to put in a lot of time playing and studying this game if u want to get good. I suggest u read ITH and SSHE while reading the micro limits forum, reading the hands looking at the posts and such. After a few months of study u will get a decent grasp of things, then comes learning the more complicated post flop stuff.

Like I said it takes a while, but its worth it.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 AM

If you can afford it deposit about 100 and that will give you plenty of room for beats. Tighten up your game super tight at this level. Punish the limpers preflop. Wait for big hands and good position. If your taking flops with big pairs and theres moe than 4 people in your in trouble. Think about the game and your opponents in relation to your hand. You have to raise big (4-7times the BB) to push out the rags. If your in late position with a suited connector with 5 people in play it. This is what your looking for in games with a lot of people in. Your Aces are not going to hold up against that many.

Biggest problem for most beginners is playing to many hands.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:46 AM

I've been playing low limits like you for about 2 years now, mainly just for fun, there is really no money in it. But anyway, there are times I will do the same thing your doing, I will get up 10 or 20 bucks, then start losing it, till I'm back where I started. For me, once I'm up at a table, I naturally start loosening up a little bit, because I have more money to gamble with. I am a tight player, but once I'm up, I start chasing a little more, I don't mean too, it just happens. But there are other sessions where I end up 80 up and finally get tired and log off, so you might want to double check how you play once your up a bit.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing low limits like you for about 2 years now, mainly just for fun, there is really no money in it. But anyway, there are times I will do the same thing your doing, I will get up 10 or 20 bucks, then start losing it, till I'm back where I started. For me, once I'm up at a table, I naturally start loosening up a little bit, because I have more money to gamble with. I am a tight player, but once I'm up, I start chasing a little more, I don't mean too, it just happens. But there are other sessions where I end up 80 up and finally get tired and log off, so you might want to double check how you play once your up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh i also have found im doing this - Ill look at my money if im up $1 and think ahh its only 5cents, i can afford it.

10x - 20x later and im back to square1 .

Ill watch my game and report back - Currently down to $19

Thanks,
Chris,.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:48 PM

once again back to $16, Maybe i should just realise no matter how long i play... Ill always keep similar bankroll or loose [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 02:59 PM

sat in a room now, join with a dollar and down to 40cents. Folded the hands i swar the flop with because they missed or should be folded.(Proven on the showdown when watching the guys go headsup).

BB/SB are just eating away my money, So boring...

Guess i got to get used to this?

Still waiting on a big hand...
Old 04-30-2005, 11:53 PM

Based on description you are just a break even player.

Microlimits are very beatable, so hit the books...

>TW<
Old 05-02-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on description you are just a break even player.

Microlimits are very beatable, so hit the books...

>TW<

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, Im doing a BR building project right now out of the .95 cents that is left from the first time I ever deposited money when I started playing (at PS). I multitable the low limits while playing 5/10 and 15/30 at my prop site, I have it up to 165 so far (Im at .25/.50 right now) -- my goal is to get another working BR up to the 30/60 limit (100/200 is the real goal though) on PS following the 300 BB rule for each limit.

Anyway very beatable but they can be very frustrating at times. I dropped 75 bbs at .25/.50 after 4 hours of play two days ago, due mostly to liberal calling and then tilt issues of suck out after suck out, loosing to 53o, A4o, running two pair, runner str8 and flushes, etc. After 1.5 hours I was not playing well...not a whole lot of fun. So most days very beatable, some days it will kill u though no matter what u do. But then even if u can outplay somebody most ppl will call because its only half a buck to them. You have to get a 2x4 to knock some of these guys out of a pot.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:16 AM

Post a hand that you are unsure of. If you don't have the hand history, just tell us what the action went like. Be sure to include you position and the position of all the other bettors. This is the BEST way to plug leaks.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:11 AM

Sounds like you might be playing way too tight, I notice you keep mentioning the "Big Hand". Sometimes on the site I play Ace high is enough to win with, and sometimes enough to bet with to drive off weaker hands that missed the flop also. I once took $50 from a guy on a 50/1.00 table because he would bet ace high to the river whether he paired up or not..poor guy, I was taking down pots with bottom pair..LOL..anyway, sounds like your starting hands are good hands, suited connectors, pocket pairs, AK ect... now you need to work on your play after the flop. I would suggest Royal Vegas Poker, they have mocro limits and I like the way the cards fall on that site. I will never deposit another dime into Pokerstars, lost with AA to quad 7's, lost with KK to quad Q's, never seen so many quads come up in one day, and everytime I had a big hand and lost alot of money. Good luck to you, and one more peice of advice, the way your folding off of every flop makes it sound like your letting your money play you, if your playing scared, afraid to lose $20, you'll lose it, get what I mean? I went to a B&M 3/6 table, first time ever, first night was down $120. I asked my buddy what I was doing wrong, he told me I was letting my money play me. So the next night, I played my game, willing to go broke if thats what it took. I ended up up $400 that night. It makes a difference.