Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: If your david sklansky...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a David Sklansky.

[/ QUOTE ]???
I dont get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

"your" = possessive, that is, "my" David Sklansky

"you're" = "you are", that is, if you are David Sklansky
or in this case, "you were"

[/ QUOTE ]
did you know that im an english major...im not joking

[/ QUOTE ]

Your qualifications are well concealed. Your ignorance regarding your first language is exceeded only by your misguided worship for that burned-out shell of a poker player, the exalted Mr. Sklansky. I submit:

WPT Championship
Apr 23, 2005
16:47:52 ET John Phan busts David Sklansky
Phan raised in the small blind with 56 and Sklansky called all in with 53. The board came 48328 and Sklansky will go home with $75,485 for 16th place.

Let's think about this for a moment. With blinds at 20-40K, Sklansky with over 100K in chips, and another player with one big blind left, your hero CALLS all-in with five high. This may be the worst play in the history of professional poker, especially since he stands to win an extra 20 grand or so if he outlasts just ONE MORE PLAYER!

You know, David, maybe poker's just not your game. I know; let's have a SPELLING CONTEST! And feel free to bring your English major lackey, as well as your bankroll, with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously dont know the type of person i am.First off i dont worship david slansky(although i do masterbate about him occasionally) second my english sucks even though i am an english major.I go to kstate which means i dont have to no anything!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a David Sklansky.

[/ QUOTE ]???
I dont get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

"your" = possessive, that is, "my" David Sklansky

"you're" = "you are", that is, if you are David Sklansky
or in this case, "you were"

[/ QUOTE ]
did you know that im an english major...im not joking

[/ QUOTE ]

Your qualifications are well concealed. Your ignorance regarding your first language is exceeded only by your misguided worship for that burned-out shell of a poker player, the exalted Mr. Sklansky. I submit:

WPT Championship
Apr 23, 2005
16:47:52 ET John Phan busts David Sklansky
Phan raised in the small blind with 56 and Sklansky called all in with 53. The board came 48328 and Sklansky will go home with $75,485 for 16th place.

Let's think about this for a moment. With blinds at 20-40K, Sklansky with over 100K in chips, and another player with one big blind left, your hero CALLS all-in with five high. This may be the worst play in the history of professional poker, especially since he stands to win an extra 20 grand or so if he outlasts just ONE MORE PLAYER!

You know, David, maybe poker's just not your game. I know; let's have a SPELLING CONTEST! And feel free to bring your English major lackey, as well as your bankroll, with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously dont know the type of person i am.First off i dont worship david slansky(although i do masterbate about him occasionally) second my english sucks even though i am an english major.I go to kstate which means i dont have to no anything!

[/ QUOTE ]
would you agree that this is a lot of quotes?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"don't"

"masturbate"

"know"

You must be using your poker "winnings" to finance your education.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:30 PM

I'm pretty sure he was joking with the deliberate mispellings and poor grammar.

Poor way to start off the forums, though: 2 posts and both flames.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Please accept my most humble apologies. I'm sorry if I've offended the decorum of your forum, even if I wasn't the only one to climb up the back of Spaceboy (see previous posts).

But I'm not going to apologize for the content. As a grinder that's been playing in the toughest games around for over 20 years (long before any of these 20-somethings found a game online, or channel-surfed into a broadcast of the WSOP), I have a bit of pent-up angst regarding the cultish worship of the exalted Mr. Sklansky I find here.

I commend Mr. Sklansky for his ground-breaking work (with the assistance of Mr. Malmuth) decades ago, setting the intellectual standards for starting-hand requirements, etc. And I have no personal animosity toward him. I just don't think he can play.

As for Spaceboy, don't be so hasty as to "read" him as joking around. From what I've observed of his posts, this one was more carefully edited than most. He may, in fact, have reached the pinnacle of his English capacity in this post. Wanna gamble?
Old 04-23-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Please accept my most humble apologies. I'm sorry if I've offended the decorum of your forum, even if I wasn't the only one to climb up the back of Spaceboy (see previous posts).

But I'm not going to apologize for the content. As a grinder that's been playing in the toughest games around for over 20 years (long before any of these 20-somethings found a game online, or channel-surfed into a broadcast of the WSOP), I have a bit of pent-up angst regarding the cultish worship of the exalted Mr. Sklansky I find here.

I commend Mr. Sklansky for his ground-breaking work (with the assistance of Mr. Malmuth) decades ago, setting the intellectual standards for starting-hand requirements, etc. And I have no personal animosity toward him. I just don't think he can play.

As for Spaceboy, don't be so hasty as to "read" him as joking around. From what I've observed of his posts, this one was more carefully edited than most. He may, in fact, have reached the pinnacle of his English capacity in this post. Wanna gamble?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this was harsh thank you for your corrections.It is true that i am an english major. this is because i like to write.I Proofread all my shakespeare essays dont worry but thanks for your concern.On the internet graMMER doesnt matter. i post things that are worse than you can possibly fathom(apparently) grammatically. like "I was playing teh gta against pete and he is rOXORED!!" is perfectly good internet grammer.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:08 PM

I get jokes.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:17 PM

By the way Mr. "Top set" you shouldnt make fun of my mental disorder. I am a spaceman becuase i have ADD and Bipolar disorder.I am supposed to take medication for it.After high school I suffered a mental breakdown and was nearly institutionalized. When my psychologist was explaining the different types of ADD to me she referred to mine as "space cadet" ADD. I will always feel alone.Thanks for your attempt to lower me by referrring to me as "spaceboy". It doesnt really matter whether your a boy or a man when you are lost in space.... [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2005, 07:19 PM

Top Set:

You suck. Go back to grinding.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Top Set:

You suck. Go back to grinding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another intellectual giant heard from.