Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader hand

LOL. You got this perfectly right.

PokerPrince
Old 04-21-2005, 10:54 PM

I do not like the flop bet or the turn call.

GoT
Old 04-21-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On partyoker 15-30 in large multiway pots it is normally the most aggressive player who has the least number of outs who hits his 2-5 outer on the river who wins the pot. Keeping this in mind, the player on the button played the hand optimally. The only thing that went wrong was that he did not suckout on the end. However, this instance was a rare exception, and this play is definitely +EV for the partypoker software.

And just in case you think this post is just whining about bad beats, I want to add that this is how I win most of my large pots, that is by betting/ raising with the worst hand and then sucking out on the river. However, in my own defense I am a bad player who very rarely knows where I am at in a pot, so most of time I am betting/raising with my 2-5 outer, I am doing it in the misguided belief I have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say this if no one else had, but sady two beat me to it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On partyoker 15-30 in large multiway pots it is normally the most aggressive player who has the least number of outs who hits his 2-5 outer on the river who wins the pot. Keeping this in mind, the player on the button played the hand optimally. The only thing that went wrong was that he did not suckout on the end. However, this instance was a rare exception, and this play is definitely +EV for the partypoker software.

And just in case you think this post is just whining about bad beats, I want to add that this is how I win most of my large pots, that is by betting/ raising with the worst hand and then sucking out on the river. However, in my own defense I am a bad player who very rarely knows where I am at in a pot, so most of time I am betting/raising with my 2-5 outer, I am doing it in the misguided belief I have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am speechless.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if -- now, I'm just hypothesizing here -- if he was being sarcastic? Man, that's just out there.

-Diplomat
Old 04-22-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
( and im done on the turn though...

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

getting 13.5:1 on the turn you give up when you very well may have 6 outs?
Old 04-22-2005, 01:13 AM

as I mentioned above, I think you are getting 13.5:1 on the turn, tough to not see a river there.......I thought stox play looked pretty standard.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:51 AM

apparantly stox was the BB and i play it the same on the flop.

betting out on that flop is like trying to hit a cheerleader in the poop shoot.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:35 AM

your getting 13-1, but you dont have '6 outs'. probably closer to 3, also you have two players remaining to act in a very aggressive game.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:57 AM

I think that this hand is a very good example of the types of mistakes people make when they play a hand "one street at a time". This flop is absolutely atrocious for us. It is the perfect flop for us to be reverse dominated by KQ or AQ, and our K also completes the most common draw in holdem, JT. There is no flush draw, so we know that anyone who puts in money either has JT or has enough hand to beat our A high. But we decide to bet the flop anyway because the pot is large and we 3 bet preflop, but we obviously know there is a decent shot for it to get raised. We know the pot will be too big for us to fold for one more bet. Then on the turn, that pot is going to be mighty big again so we'll probably call a bet. So our flop bet basically sets off a chain of events where we are very likely going to put 2 big bets into a pot that we are extremely unlikely to win. And if we do make our hand, we still can't jam it. I hate the flop bet, and I hate the turn call. I think checking and calling on the flop is close and could still be a mistake.