Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: The piece of sh*t didn\'t get enough of a beating if you ask me...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well hopefully those who beat him will be put into jail as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy killed a cop, and the cop's still-living buddies beat the [censored] out of him, I think they should give them a [censored] medal.

We're being too much of a pansy nation, we can't even punish those that kill people with a non-fatal beating. The fucker's lucky he's even alive - if I was a cop I'd have blown his [censored] brains out if I was sure he killed my buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully those who beat him will be put into jail as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

. . . I'm satisfied knowing this guy is going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison for the rest of his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two positions seem incredibly inconsistent to me. It's not acceptable if the cops beat him up, but it's cool if Bubba slaps the soap out of his hand?

I'm generally pretty anti police brutality, but a situation where the guy in question just pulled a cop's gun on him and shot him at headquarters is about the most understandable situation I've ever heard of to be getting a beating in. It isn't like he reached for a wallet or something and got shot; he just shot a cop.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well hopefully those who beat him will be put into jail as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that I am quite surprised that everyone seems to feel this way. Personally, I feel like the dude got off pretty easy with just a beating.

I think that if some dude shot my partner of 27 years that he wouldn't be around long enough to tell his side of the story. Then again, I'll never be in that position, so I really don't know.

I'm impressed at the restraint shown by all the people that would just arrest the guy and throw him in jail. Of course, I have my doubts that it would really go that way if you were in that position, but that is the correct stance to take I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

America was founded on seperation of powers and there is a very good reason why. Alobar is right, if they beat him, they should be punished. They should get off lightly, but they should still be punished. And not all cops are heros. Some of them are, but some of them are in that job because of the power rush and they abuse it. A true hero wouldn't abuse that power, and if he lost control, he would understand when he got slapped on the wrist.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well hopefully those who beat him will be put into jail as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that I am quite surprised that everyone seems to feel this way. Personally, I feel like the dude got off pretty easy with just a beating.

I think that if some dude shot my partner of 27 years that he wouldn't be around long enough to tell his side of the story. Then again, I'll never be in that position, so I really don't know.

I'm impressed at the restraint shown by all the people that would just arrest the guy and throw him in jail. Of course, I have my doubts that it would really go that way if you were in that position, but that is the correct stance to take I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

America was founded on seperation of powers and there is a very good reason why. Alobar is right, if they beat him, they should be punished. They should get off lightly, but they should still be punished. And not all cops are heros. Some of them are, but some of them are in that job because of the power rush and they abuse it. A true hero wouldn't abuse that power, and if he lost control, he would understand when he got slapped on the wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a rarity, but I am in complete agreement with wacki. Nice post
Old 04-19-2005, 01:07 AM

Wacki,

I agree with a good deal of the things you have to say, but this isn't about "power" or an "adrenaline rush". Reality check - a detective with a family isn't going to be coming home any more, because this [censored] douchebag decided it would be a good move to SHOOT HIM. The guy was being questioned about possible involvement with another crime - he wasn't even under arrest.

I seriously am amazed that none of the cops who beat this pissant decided to discharge their sidearm...I don't think I'd have that kind of control if a cold-blooded bastard just murdered one of my "brothers".
Old 04-19-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'd have that kind of control if a cold-blooded bastard just murdered one of my "brothers".

[/ QUOTE ]

this is prolly why you aren't a cop either
Old 04-19-2005, 01:14 AM

Eh, Id treat it as if someone killed my family/friends, and I saw it, and had a chance to do something, he got off easy. Cops are human. Youd have to be SUPER human, not to pummel the [censored] out of someone who did somethign like that murdering [censored] did.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'd have that kind of control if a cold-blooded bastard just murdered one of my "brothers".

[/ QUOTE ]

this is prolly why you aren't a cop either

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case, its probably better that way.

We have WAAAAAY too much empathy for people like this. All those people are talking about the guy's "civil rights" and "police brutality". The REAL brutality is that this bastard killed a cop for absolutely no reason. Except, of course, that he knew he was going to jail for stabbing that woman. This is simple logic - if he didn't do it, he certainly would have no reason to kill the cop. He wanted to take someone down with him.

You take someone's life, you HAVE no civil rights. This was a senseless murder and this guy should get the [censored] chair.

(One of my best friends is about to graduate from college and is going to be a police officer. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if someone killed him and another cop got in trouble for beating the piece of garbage that did it.)
Old 04-19-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You take someone's life, you HAVE no civil rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

our founding fathers disagree with you

And anyway, why has no one mentioned the fact the guy killed the cop, WITH HIS OWN GUN!!. Obviously he wasnt a very good cop to allow this to happen...so maybe its some kind of darwinian thing (yes, now im just trying to rile things up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 04-19-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You take someone's life, you HAVE no civil rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

our founding fathers disagree with you

And anyway, why has no one mentioned the fact the guy killed the cop, WITH HIS OWN GUN!!. Obviously he wasnt a very good cop to allow this to happen...so maybe its some kind of darwinian thing (yes, now im just trying to rile things up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

50-year-old detective gets jumped by a younger quicker guy in an interrogation room. That little "element of surprise" would help him out a lot. All it takes is a second.

I was using a bit of hyperbole in my statement - I know you have civil rights even when you kill someone, but come on, where's the common sense? That anybody is crying foul, I can't believe - especially the murderer's FAMILY. Now, I know family is tight and everything, but the guy killed a cop for no reason. He deserved that beating and then some. Its not like the cops just came up and beat the [censored] out of him for no reason at all.

No jury in the world convicts the involved officers of anything.