Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: WSOP

I want to wait til you win a big event before I’ll consider backing you. Oh, wait… [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously tho, are you equally good at all the games? I would think someone good enough to win a big tourney would certainly be proficient at all and expert at a few, but will you have a EV+ edge at some of the obscure events you don’t play much? And will playing the obscure ones detract from the recuperation that might help between other events?

-g
Old 04-18-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it difficult to plan on playing back-to-back events when you are hopefully going to be at a final table at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering that too. Then though, I figured that for most of those events, if he has to skip one because he's at a final table, well, that's probably not such a bad thing.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:56 PM

Good question. I consider PLO to be my best tournament game and I learned to play poker in Omaha hi/lo games and consider it to be one of my better games. I have played a couple bigger buyin hi/lo tourneys online and have 1 final table and won a small buyin hi/lo tourney. You'll see that I'm not playing any of the stud games b/c those are my weakest. Flop games are my definite strengths. Also, you'll notice that I've selected mostly hold 'em events as they will definitely be the biggest prize pools.

Gavin
Old 04-18-2005, 05:58 PM

bingo...

I picked the events that I felt would give me the best chance at winning. If I make a final table for say, event #2, it won't be too terrible to give up the EV in event 3 as a good finish in that event will basically put us on a freeroll the rest of the way.

Gavin
Old 04-18-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bingo...

I picked the events that I felt would give me the best chance at winning. If I make a final table for say, event #2, it won't be too terrible to give up the EV in event 3 as a good finish in that event will basically put us on a freeroll the rest of the way.

Gavin

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing in #2, hope to see you at my table... if you are I'll say it's me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 PM

Your math on the overlay is a little misleading. It's almost 32% per person ($900 spent for $625 of your buy-ins. Anyway, I sent you a PM.

--LoO
Old 04-18-2005, 09:39 PM

Just not enough up side for a $900 investment in my opinion. If you make $500,000 I'll make a little more than 4-1 on my money. As good as you are, I don't think that is good price.

Just not the bets I like to make, but I know some people do. Good luck getting the money together.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The total dollar value of these 25 events is 68,500. I am trying to sell 30% of myself and that would be roughly 39.4% of the total buyins, so the overlay for me would be 9.4%

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say your overlay would be 15.5%, since you are effectively getting $47,950 worth of buyins for $41,500.

But that isn't really material from the perspective of someone considering staking you; the question for them is whether your total equity is greater than $90,000. If it is, then they have +EV on the investment.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just not enough up side for a $900 investment in my opinion. If you make $500,000 I'll make a little more than 4-1 on my money. As good as you are, I don't think that is good price.

[/ QUOTE ]
Assuming Gavin enters all those tournaments, what's the probability he will receive over $500K in prize money?

My guess would be about 15%, does that sound reasonable?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Shameless, self-serving bump

Due to my recent success and the fact that I feel like I'm playing the best poker of my life, I thought I'd bump this to see if anyone else who hasn't already responded is now interested, or if those who already responded would be interested in taking more of a percentage.

Gavin