Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: To you guys moving up to Party 1/2...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really follow people around the tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends how often you play - if you are playing everyday, say, in the evening, you can and will see many of the same poor players online

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiousity, how big's your buddy list that this works? I've got a list of maybe a dozen horrible players so far, but typically it seems like everyone is invisible to search so unless I'm willing to manually go looking for them, it doesn't so me much good.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:23 AM

I like the hand but at what point do you stop firing rounds HU in a game like this? So he calls your flop bet, turn comes UI - fire another round? River? At what point does this play become -EV? This is a situation I come across quite a bit at 1/2...
Old 04-12-2005, 11:24 AM

I've followed some guys around like a school boy following an ice cream truck. Never been called on it, though. If I was, I'd try to just casually laugh it off as coincidence.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:30 AM

i've been whoring around so i haven't been using the party buddy lists in a while, but i just checked my list and it has about 150 names. most of them are donors (some 2+2ers/friends). right now, (not optimal playing time) 7 are online, 4 are playing limit tables. and i really haven't added anyone to my list in a month and a half.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday, early evening, I set up four tables, started taking stats (1/2). Got back an hour later, and the ASF at all four was less than 20. Ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure was, I had the same experience. The tables were ugly yesterday evening. Hopefully once everyone clears this bonus the tables will open back up a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I've been data mining 1/2 with poker tracker in prep for moving up... but after reviewing the stats... I don't think I'm going to do it.

Seems so tight, that it is plausible that I could win at twice the rate at .5/1 that I would at 1/2.

Maybe I'll build a huge fitty bankroll then hop straight to 2/4? Sacriligious (sp) I know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night I got my @ss handed to me on 4 different tables. All around 30%. I could have lived having AK missing entirely a number of times and even getting my big pairs cracked more than usual... What really sucked last night were the tables were cold calling with stuff like off-suited one gappers. And I took a huge hit when my set of Aces fell to a guy whom runnered a flush with a 47s.

All of the tables I joined via waiting list were filled with maniacs.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:38 AM

1/2 isn't always bad. I usually have a couple tables open with ASF > 30, and a table rarely drops below 26 or so. When is this bonus madness over?

And in those 4 tables I mentioned earlier, there was only one donator (VPIP > 50).
Old 04-12-2005, 11:40 AM

I would say thats a good way to prep since party lacks 6 max .5/1 tables. There would still be an adjusting period as you will see more aggression as well as the increase in stakes, I know for me the increase in stakes was something I had to conquer when I first moved up.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:42 AM

I played 1/2 full a few weeks back for another bonus and I thought the tables were very loose passive. I don't understand why people say they were bad. I was at a table with 4-5 big fish and 2-3 at other tables, and the tight players don't play nearly as well after the flop as those at 2/4 and 3/6.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 AM

I play 1/2 and I get called by any J or Q right down to the river. Guys holding J4s or Q8o.

Awful.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:56 AM

This is a play you have to make at the levels 1/2 and above. Players like MP3, are easy to play against even though they are relatively tight pre-flop.

To oversimplify, you win the times that you have the best hand, the times the flop misses both of you, and you win the times he folds the best hand because he thinks there is no way he can be ahead of anything that you would raise before the flop.

The only time he wins is when he has a strong hand, and then he won't win much.