Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: How do you guys deal with this?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you guys deal with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

-Put him on your buddy list, and win a big pot against him the next three times in a row.

-If you get below 12 BBs in your stack, rebuy IMMEDIATELY. You must have enough at all times to cap on all streets.

-RELAX. Poker, especially limit poker, is a game of patience...and variance.

Edit: I really should read all posts in a thread before posting myself. Didn't catch the fact that the other guy ran out of money, not you. The 12 BB minimum is still a good idea, though.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of other tables at AP, yes? People here have chastized me for "running from bad luck" because I switch tables a lot. I just prefer not to stay in a negative situation.

Before anyone jumps on me again the question was "How do you guys deal with this?" That's how I deal with it. I leave and find greener pastures at another table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, what works for me is to get up and walk around my chair. If that doesn't work I change deck colors, or if I'm at Paradise change drinks -- the Chichi is my lucky one!

If that doesn't work I get a couple of live chickens from the Haitian woman that lives next door, then it's off the the graveyard for a sacrifice! The key is after you have slaughtered the chickens you have to swing them counterclockewise presicely 7 times. This is important b/c if you swing them clockwise your dick won't work for a week.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rejoice in the suckouts they are fertilizer. Just remember fertilizer stinks some times.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great quote. To paraphrase Mason Malmuth: No suckouts (short-term luck)==> no encouragement for fish==> no fish==> no money for us. This quote sums all that up in a simple manner.

It's also the reason why, despite the best efforts of ESPN and the Travel Channel, limit will outlast NL in popularity (another Malmuth quote.)
Old 04-10-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of other tables at AP, yes? People here have chastized me for "running from bad luck" because I switch tables a lot. I just prefer not to stay in a negative situation.

Before anyone jumps on me again the question was "How do you guys deal with this?" That's how I deal with it. I leave and find greener pastures at another table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, what works for me is to get up and walk around my chair. If that doesn't work I change deck colors, or if I'm at Paradise change drinks -- the Chichi is my lucky one!

If that doesn't work I get a couple of live chickens from the Haitian woman that lives next door, then it's off the the graveyard for a sacrifice! The key is after you have slaughtered the chickens you have to swing them counterclockewise presicely 7 times. This is important b/c if you swing them clockwise your dick won't work for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you do all that and then stay at that table and lose some more money. I'll be at another table winning some pots. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results--Albert Einstein.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you cannot take this try No Limit or higher stakes like 2/4. The former b/c you can punish players like that and the latter b/c you will have less players like that. If you are not confident yet to do any of these you need to develop patience (you'll need that anyway) or start playing chess instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first part of this is no good.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls $0.29 (All-In).

[/ QUOTE ]

Never, ever, EVER start a hand with less than 12BB at the table!!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you cannot take this try No Limit or higher stakes like 2/4. The former b/c you can punish players like that and the latter b/c you will have less players like that. If you are not confident yet to do any of these you need to develop patience (you'll need that anyway) or start playing chess instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first part of this is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-10-2005, 03:40 PM

Awesome dude. I'm totally convinced. I think your theories might represent the paradigm shift in how we view downswings.

In fact, I think you should make your post about "The strategy of switching from unlucky tables to green pastures", or some similar title on the General hold em forum. I am sure it would get an enthuisiastic reception. You are even free to use my idea about the sacrificing chickens in the graveyard, but be sure to give me credit okay?
Old 04-10-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst Advice Of The Year.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome dude. I'm totally convinced. I think your theories might represent the paradigm shift in how we view downswings.

In fact, I think you should make your post about "The strategy of switching from unlucky tables to green pastures", or some similar title on the General hold em forum. I am sure it would get an enthuisiastic reception. You are even free to use my idea about the sacrificing chickens in the graveyard, but be sure to give me credit okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, a stranger appears with opinions that threaten all of our basic tenets. Let us crucify him before he weakens the fundamental roots of our religion. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Seriously though, you don't have to agree with me but you don't have to make fun of me either. I've heard about the 2+2 smugness and now I've experienced it first hand. My life is complete.

There are many things in this world that are unexplainable. If 2+2 members would prefer that I not offer alternative opinions on some matters then I will gladly cease posting.