Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: TPNK And A Big Field

I guess I'm the only one who would have played it like you did. Q9 isn't exactly a monster, but it might be good. Given the amount of money that's in the pot, I'd want to showdown.

I wouldn't bet the flop because I'd want to see where I was. Since you're out of position here, you could put yourself in awkward spots by taking control of the hand.

So, you check-called the flop. Betting the turn doesn't really accomplish much in my mind. If you get raised, you fold and just wasted a bet. You didn't give any reads on the players, but if this game was anything like the games I played today, I want to see if my queen is good (I got check-raised on the turn 3 times today by people holding nothing.....one had j2os with no pair and no draw).

I would almost considering checking the river as well. I would think that the only hands that would call would be the ones that could beat me. Maybe UTG+2, with QK or QT, didn't bet the turn because he was afraid of the flush. Maybe you get someone playing an A6s to call.

Tight-aggressive is normally a very good thing. I think with Q9 and that board, you want to play it like a girl.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:52 PM

i don't really understand the term, top pair NO KICKER, you do have a kicker, it's a 9. granted its not the strongest in the world, but still its worth playing with. your hand was played way too passively, namely not betting the turn.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:00 AM

What's so huh about it? You have TP w/no kicker. The pot is pretty big and its draw heavy. While your not going to eliminate a flush draw or oesd, any other pair has the odds to draw to a 5 outter. As and Ks will also be correct to draw against you as well. Theres still 2 people left to act behind you so why not force them out b/c your hands is vulnerable.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:09 AM

Out of curiosity, if the flop bet had come from MP3 or CO, are we c/ring the flop?