Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: bad experience at the bellagio?

[ QUOTE ]
So, i just came back from a weekend in Vegas. Had a great time, except for having a horrible experience playing 4/8 at the Bellagio Saturday night. I honestly have never met so many assholes in my life.

One guy threatened to stick the Russian mafia on the dealer. Another asked to see my mucked cards on a hand he wasn’t even in. There were multiple screaming matches about people making stupid plays/calls/raises – enough to make dealers say “hey, this is just a friendly game of poker” to which the table responded “not anymore.” At the first table I sat, there was a guy trying to pose as a WSOP winner by wearing a gold bracelet that looked similar. He spent the entire time I was there (which wasn’t too long) talking about how he loved fleecing the tourists.

Hell, this is 4/8 – the lowest limit they spread. I was shocked. Was this unusual? Did I just get really unlucky with the 2 tables I sat at? I was really looking forward to playing there, but these people ruined my night. And when you combine that with the total lack of cocktail service (honestly it took over an hr between drinks) and no poker comps, I really have no urge to play the Bellagio again any time soon. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
My experience there has been exactly the opposite on every count.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've also logged many hours at The Woods and have never seen a player throw their cards at the dealer or curse the dealer when the cards don't go their way

[/ QUOTE ]

Is "many" more than "two"?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I've never had slow cocktail service

[/ QUOTE ]

@ The Bellagio?? I was there once at 3 AM and it took 90 minutes to get a goddamn water.

The Mandalay Bay is easily the most comfortable room Ive been to in Vegas. And the waitresses ARE HOT if you are into the Exotic types. Which I am. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 09:02 AM

It's always "mixed reviews" on Bellagio and it's almost always the $4-$8 that posters are describing. I have not played that limit in a while but when I did I liked both the calibre of players and the cardroom. I did have to fix the drink waitress situation once, but that involved following her to the rail and bribing her, which took care of the table for the next 3 hours. The 15-30 game right beside us was fuming because she would ignore them. It happens.

I still really like that cardroom. I have not been in the new one but will see it next month.