Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Passing out at the table

Is 5.6234230984234132143216543215% about right then? Thanks for getting me to revise my numbers.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 PM

In my limited B&M poker experience around Canada, where there is much less of the Vegas or AC tourist vibe that MicroBob was talking about, these people's aren't semi-pros with endurance -- they're degenerate gamblers, plain and simple.

Remember sitting last summer at a Rama 5/10 with a guy who'd spent Friday playing poker at the CNE (through the night), Saturday at the Woodbine horse track playing slots and betting the ponies, and then drove up to Rama in the middle of the night for more Hold 'Em. He was really depressing, sitting there with $75 in front of him and telling anyone who would listen what a bad run he was on, all while calling down multi-way pots with second or third pair.

Regular marathon sessions of poker are not a badge of honour -- win or lose, it's usually just the sign of a serious gambling problem.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
during the summer when i played b&m almost every day, i would arrive at bay101 around 10am and play for 6-7 hours and there would be guys still playing from the night before when i left at 4-5pm all the time. I have trouble going there nowadays due to the scummieness of it all.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me last night... *hangs head in shame*

Bay 101 coffee and red bull is great for staying awake...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 AM

One time I played for 36 hours straight.

One time was more than enough.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:31 PM

In our misguided youth it was routine to play for 48 or more hrs. straight while drinking 2-4 cases of beer each. The worst part was tearing up your hands from twisting off non-twist caps.

(Maybe the "Blue Meanies" had something to do with this.) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 01:10 PM

The last time I was in Tunica (about a 3 hour drive for me, this was a few months ago), I was in town for about 38 hours and sitting at a poker table for well over 32 of them. I split my time between the Strike and the Grand.

I'm young, I don't get to do B&M much, I didn't get particularly sleepy, and I played my best (ran my best?) late in my run, when I should have been making the most errors. /shrug

Ask Steamboatin, he saw me around hour 20 or so, if I remember correctly.