Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Folding KK pre flop ... Party 20+2 sit\'n\'go

I'm gonna jump in here and ask a similar question BUT for 44. I was playing in a WSOP qualifier tournament at Harrah's last weekend. We started with 5000 chips, blinds 50-100. When the blinds hit 200-400, I was UTG with about 4600 and got 44. I debated fishing for a set, but felt like that my position was bad. There were some aggressive folks at the table and 7 players yet to act. I dumped the pair. Of course, the flop was 4-7-4. Two of my friends were there and split on the question. I say the play was sound as at least one player would have raised and I would have had to put 20% or more of my chips at risk with a weak pair.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna jump in here and ask a similar question BUT for 44. I was playing in a WSOP qualifier tournament at Harrah's last weekend. We started with 5000 chips, blinds 50-100. When the blinds hit 200-400, I was UTG with about 4600 and got 44. I debated fishing for a set, but felt like that my position was bad. There were some aggressive folks at the table and 7 players yet to act. I dumped the pair. Of course, the flop was 4-7-4. Two of my friends were there and split on the question. I say the play was sound as at least one player would have raised and I would have had to put 20% or more of my chips at risk with a weak pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold 44 in the situation you just described every time without giving it any thought.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Hand w the 4s

Fold those 4s everytime. Also, start discounting the advice of the friend who told you not to muck them.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Hand w the 4s

[ QUOTE ]
Fold those 4s everytime. Also, start discounting the advice of the friend who told you not to muck them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, him. He played all weekend and lost $500. I got 3rd in the WSOP tourney and 3rd in a $10 cash tourney and had a nice profit for the weekend.

Yeah, I'll stick with my game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I odn't see why not, you've got action and hopefully someone will find themselves out of the tournament. Additionally, any ace that falls more likely than not is the end or your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is not good.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:36 PM

KK pre flop......Errrr dream about these hands on any online poker site......Dont care I AM NOT GOING To lay em down......I TAKE MY CHANCES....THANK YOU VERY MUCH......ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LAY DOWN KK PRE FLOP ONLINE>>>>>Play bridge.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KK pre flop......Errrr dream about these hands on any online poker site......Dont care I AM NOT GOING To lay em down......I TAKE MY CHANCES....THANK YOU VERY MUCH......ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LAY DOWN KK PRE FLOP ONLINE>>>>>Play bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about offline?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:44 PM

yes you can fold kings, you can call, fold or go all-in according to NLHE rules, and no you shouldnt fold.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:02 PM

you played that fine, they just got lucky.......