Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Making 15k a month to losing everything I have in world...

[ QUOTE ]
I have 9k I can access right now to rebuild if I so desire.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a perfect roll for 5-10 6-max or 15-30 full.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:17 PM

you must recognize your fall as you're falling, everyone has good runs and bad runs but its your decisions that keep you in the grind. since u're already in this situation i think you should sell the car, attend a meditation class and center yourself. look into zazen.

dont allow yourself to fall into a psychological abyss

it will be hard getting a job after winning money and an advice telling you to do it is assumingly out of probability. once again, center yourself first, then start small at playing, only when you're ready. if you won before you can win again but it all stems from your ability to control your mind instead of the reverse.

good luck, let us know how it works out
Old 04-03-2005, 07:43 PM

Sell the Caddy.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 PM

I make $80/hr 8 tabling 2/4.

Theres your 1k - 2k a week and all you need is a $1500 bankroll or so. Easy.

-SmileyEH
Old 04-03-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a perfect roll for 5-10 6-max or 15-30 full.

[/ QUOTE ]

Subtract out this months living expenses, plus what he already owes his dad and it probably closer to a 2-4/3-6 bankroll.

Stu
Old 04-03-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not looking for a stake..as stated in the post I have 9k I can access right now to rebuild if I so desire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sell the [censored] that you don't need (why does an internet player need a Cadillac anyway), use it for living expenses. Play a ton in the next month with your 9,000. Reevaluate at the end of the month.

Or get a staking deal with somebody.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:13 PM

If you're just about to commit suicide, do this first. Take the 9k in Ameritrade and wait for a stock that looks like it has overreacted. Then load put the entire 9k in an option contract on it. If you hit the right stock you can make a [censored] load. Recent examples, ELN, could have hit the bounce from 5 to 8, for a quick 50k. Then you could have bought puts and rode that thing from 8 to 3 and probably have 200k from that. AIG, buying some puts when it spiked on nonsense of Greenberg stepping down (which was obviously going to happen), would have yeilded huge profits as it tanked from 58 to 51 in 1 day. These situations happen every day, so if you're going to commit suicide, at least take the dice and gamble big. The options market is a great place to roll the dice. Either that or take a gun to Vegas, put the 9k on 2nd 12 back to back. If you are lucky enough to win you will have about 80k. If you lose, kill yourself. Only do these things if you would rather die than rebuild slowly. If you do want to grind, PM me and I can tell you how to make $45 an hour playing 2/4 and 1/2. If you can make 3bb an hour here I can show you how to do it. If you can't make that much you can still easily do 20 an hour, even if you're a break even player. I've got a secret technique and I'll share it with you, and only you, since I feel bad about your situation.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to losing everything I have in world...

[/ QUOTE ]

You have alot more in this world to lose. You choose to be a gambler and you gambled and lost. I bet you don't even feel bad about it. I wouldn't feel bad about it. I would however fear the view others would have of me.

Not many family members or girlfriends are going to take this news well. You will be under attack. And when you feel as bad as I am sure you do right now you don't need to hear this.

So if you are strong enough to consider gambling again after this loss go for it. If you are willing to sell your stuff and deal with the "I told you so's" your going to get. But consider this, if you won back all the money you lost, would you quit. If you said "yes" then quit now and get a job to get the money back.

If you had gotten fired from a normal job you could have the same problems you have now. But people would feel much more sympathy for you.

Decide what you want and do it.

I forgot to ask. But I assume this is the last bankroll management mistake you will make. If you can't trust yourself to stop it you have to NEVER gamble again.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:57 PM

Not for nothing, but IF this post is authentic (dubious), and IF this guy is really thinking about how to score quick to right his life, then he needs to quit poker altogether and seek professional help (gambling addiction and manic depression with a little sociopathic obsession seem highly likely here). And all of the jackasses who have posted egging him on, beating him up, moralizing, and making light of suicidal thoughts need to step back and take the "there but for the grace of god" view. The arrogance bred by the internet is facsinating.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:33 AM

There is a part of me that thinks that you need to go to gamblers anonymous.