Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Funnier
Jon Stewart 41 64.06%
Conan O'Brien 23 35.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Hair Poll

I'd suggest cutting it very short, like 1/4 inch. When my wife went through chemo, she resisted cutting her hair for a long time and it was really getting awful. When she finally got it cut really short she was amazed at how much better it looked. (Oddly, it's a lot harder to tell that really short hair is patchy).

Also, she bought a wig. She wore it a fair amount, but she complained about it a fair amount, too. (Apparently they are not the most comfortable things to wear).
Old 04-02-2005, 03:00 AM

I think you could shave it off. It would look good. You seem to have a strong personality so it would look even better.

Get better soon !
Old 04-02-2005, 03:22 AM

Felicia....

Look, if or when your hair starts falling out, you can shave it off then. Until then, I say do whatever wild thing you want, that you haven't done, just to try it. Then if you hate it.... boom, same solution. It's all coming off anyway.

I basically took the same solution with my hair, only because I will be getting the male pattern brand of baldness. Strangely liberating. At this point I just try to keep it short, no nonsense.

Sorry, I can't see the pictures, I can't comment on specifics. I say do something adventurous, then shave it whenever it starts getting troublesome.

Best wishes,

NT
Old 04-02-2005, 09:07 PM

Well, Glenn cut it off to 1/2 inch on top, blended to 3/8 and 1/4 on the sides and back.

I kept it dark, screw the gray, but I did set out some of my Manic Panic from the old days (90's), in those crazy, extreme colors. Just in case I decide I'm too young for this look and need to break out.

No pic, but it's the same length as this one taken three years ago when I was healthy.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and well wishes. As the chemo date gets closer, I'll probably just shave it totally bald.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 04-02-2005, 11:59 PM

Felicia,

Regardless of what you do with your hair, you are going to be fine. Your sense of humor will do wonders for your recovery. Anytime you need a good laugh, OOT will be here for you.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:42 AM

I think you have the bone structure to wear your hair any way you want. I'd be looking at ease of care. If you shave it, you may have to re-shave it every day or two. If you leave it 1/4 to 1/2 inch, you'll have more leeway. I'd leave some up there, then go shopping for babushkas, tooks, or those knit caps the home boys wear. If you go with the knit cap, be sure to practice saying "Yo, Dog!" in front of the mirror.

Thanks for your post. Now, when my wife asks me what I'm doing, I can say "providing fashion and styling tips." Let us know what you decide and we'll work on shoes and accessories.

JMO,

Fashion Consultant Mack
Old 04-03-2005, 10:28 AM

Bald is beautiful. Well, at least it'll look better on you than on me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]