Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: HONEST CRITICS PLEASE READ!!

Honestly, this post sounds like you are looking for an excuse to move up in limits where "you won't get drawn out on as much" because the other players will fold. The logic behind this thinking is flawed, as games where people make the most mistakes yields the greatest profit.

It's clear from your statistics, if they are accurate, that you haven't yet played a lot of poker. Looks like you're running good, which is great, but don't sell the farm just yet. I can tell you from experience that when you are running good, confidence increases much faster than actual skill.

- mitt
Old 04-03-2005, 02:51 AM

I suck at limit games can't stand playing low-limit games where I have AK and blatantly bet out that I have caught both to be called down with a pair of 5's.."cuz it was cheap" to catch a 5 on the river for trips

Those are the people that pay you off. MAybe its you that needs practice, not them.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Improve Your Game

Search out ten strategy posts/hand reviews from the SSNL forum. Read all of the responses.

Record at least 10 of the hands you lost big on. Review them. Find three where you don't know what to do and post them on the forum. Try to make them things that come up commonly, like what to do with AK when it missed the flop. Explain what you where thinking and why you did what you did. (I don't know if you have pokertracker, but if you don't you should write the hands down right after they happen, every street every bet. Oh, and get pockertracker and playerview).

Do a search for the subjects: "variance" and "bankroll".
In the SSNL forum search for: "how to protect my hand" or something like that.
In 1-table tournies search for: "steal attempt", "blind defense".

Once you have READ like 100 posts (online poker is rigged posts don't count) you can start making you own.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking to have an honest critical look at my play level.

I play $5-$10 SnG's and I finish in the money 70% of the time out of those I finish first place 30-40%.
I really like $10 short handed's late at night very easy!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Saabpo?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:55 AM

Default 1 not so harsh response.

OK:

If you suck at limit games, you're not ready to move up, at least work on that...

I utter that myself on occasion, but what I mean when I say it is: 'It's my weakest game, I am not really saying that I am HORRIBLE.'

Just because it's low limit doesn't mean that KTo should be played UTG, any leaks you have at LL will be exploited further when you move up, get rid of them at this level...

Concentrate on the players to both sides of you, they are the most important, one has the biggest edge on you, the other you have the biggest edge on. If this doesn't make any sense at all, your fundamentals need polished.

LL is not the place for A LOT of bluffing, is this a leak?

My LL stats ARE better than yours, I still don't have an inflated EGO on my poker skills, but I'm definitely able to judge it.

You asking the question, is an indicator of your inexperience, and the best teacher is experience, so play whatever you have 500BB to cover or if it's tournaments online, 30-40 buy-ins and stick to those for a couple MONTHS, don't jump up a level until then .

Then you will have a better handle on where you are REALLY at... act accordingly...

Good luck, expect to get cremed on occasion, everyone does...
It's how you handle it that matters.
Big swings all the time? You're leaking all over the place man!
LL is not the place to BLUFF, get over FPS at LL and you are on your way.

>TW<
Old 04-03-2005, 02:38 PM

man you are ahead of me when i first started. i started at the .05/.10 table and after 26 hands of domination i started playing 10/20 6-max, i suggest you do the same.