Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Rules/Etiquette - AKA am I an [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
I'll even toss in a few hundred bucks as a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...he is taking boots to the grill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what this phrase means but I plan on using it inappropriately and frequently.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:05 AM

Default FINALLY...MY FIRST POST

Well, after lurking here as a registered member for 2 years and four months without a post, I finally have a contribution to make...

I could be wrong, but I think the gentleman is saying that after he knocks the other gentleman "str8 out", he will kick him in the face, thus the phrase "boots to the grill."

See you in a couple of years...

Little Wing
Old 04-01-2005, 12:23 AM

Me too. Hell, I'll make the trip on the 15th for the day just to see this.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here's the deal.

addickt, TheBusiness. If you two guys step up for $5k each, then Boris, Sucker, and I will together add a $1k bonus to the pot just to see either:

a) addickt knock out TheBusiness and then put boots to his grill.

b) addickt swing at TheBusiness and get his arm broken.

Anything beyond that, we'll just consider free entertainment.

Yes, we all have too much money and are easily entertained.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would like it videotaped with a link posted.

I set the over under at 45 seconds before he is sleeping. I will be more than happy to cover anyone that would like to bet the over.

[/ QUOTE ]

You intimidate me. Ex-special forces?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"In AC what the guy did would definitely be ruled a bet."

Are you saying that in AC, every time someone does what this guy did, the dealer speaks up and demands that he bet?

I have seen just a couple times when it was ruled as a bet, but only after someone in the pot complained, and then the floor was called.

I have never been in a club where every time a player moves forward with chips in hand, he is either forced to bet, or they call security. I can't imagine the pressure that would put on the dealers to be ready to make a ruling about fractions of an inch every time a player grabs chips.

Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen overassertive dealers in AC make this call themselves. It results in a call to the floor for an appeal far less often than you might expect.

At Foxwoods the dealers aren't allowed to call this stuff themselves.

I've seen players call it themselves in both rooms.

In California, I figured it was just the international sign for check.

scrub
Old 04-01-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here's the deal.

addickt, TheBusiness. If you two guys step up for $5k each, then Boris, Sucker, and I will together add a $1k bonus to the pot just to see either:

a) addickt knock out TheBusiness and then put boots to his grill.

b) addickt swing at TheBusiness and get his arm broken.

Anything beyond that, we'll just consider free entertainment.

Yes, we all have too much money and are easily entertained.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay 20$ for a video tape of said fight.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing how big of a tool you are... I would say that you said it in some condescending manner.

Dont care about the play.. But If i ever see you, I am gonna knock you str8 out right at the table, and I dont care if I go to jail for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...I have no clue who you are, but unless you are 250 pounds of pure muscle with a double black belt, I would pay you $1000 if you could land one punch without me breaking your arm off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a deal. Let me know when you are in vegas again and we will finalize this transaction.

I swear to god I will knock you str8 out.

I will go even money for 5gs if you would like. Im not talking just beating you up either.. Even money that I knock you completely out and you are blowing blood bubbles.

You let me know pal

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, I have no idea who you are, nor why you have such animosity toward me. I did a little checking on your previous posts, and they all fall into one or more of the following categories:

1) Violence
2) Drugs/controlled substances of some sort
3) B.S. poker stories you clearly made up such as losing with a flopped set 37 times in a row.

Now I am not a violent person by nature, so I have no desire to set up some $5K fight between the two of us. But I am going to hypothesize that based on your previous posts and adversarial attitude to someone you don't even know, you are probably some 14-year-old kid who gets off on pretending to be some poker "superhero" who is a) a better poker player than everyone else, and b) can kick all our asses. I am not going to dignify any more of your posts with a response.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"In AC what the guy did would definitely be ruled a bet."

Are you saying that in AC, every time someone does what this guy did, the dealer speaks up and demands that he bet?

I have seen just a couple times when it was ruled as a bet, but only after someone in the pot complained, and then the floor was called.

I have never been in a club where every time a player moves forward with chips in hand, he is either forced to bet, or they call security. I can't imagine the pressure that would put on the dealers to be ready to make a ruling about fractions of an inch every time a player grabs chips.

Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying it should be a bet any time someone does anything with chips in his hand. But in AC I have seen dealers reprimand players for tapping the table with chips in their hand even behind their cards in what was clearly just a check. My point was that what this particular guy did, reaching all the way into the center of the table with a stack of chips, way past his cards and way past the betting line on the Bellagio tables, would certainly have been ruled a bet at say, the Borgata in AC, for example. And I wouldn't have to even say a word, the dealer would usually just rule that a bet automatically, without even calling the floor over. My point is twofold: 1) Even if in LA or LV it is not against the rules, it is still bad etiquette, and 2) it really demonstrates the need for a uniform set of rules because east coast players frequently would think that his action constitutes a bet.