Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Are SnG\'s the worst way to play with variance?

Thanks for the responses. My $3/100 stat is over 50,000 hands of 4 tabling party NL $25. So I was making $10/hr. How much should I have been making as a good No LImit ring player? How much would you all be making?
My main dibacle is that i am trying to stick to one area of the game and play lots and lots for 3 months to save and hopefully play the higher limits. When im ready of course. ; ) I also feel a lot of animosity(sp?) towards me on these boards. But I love it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My main dibacle / I also feel a lot of animosity(sp?) towards me on these boards. But I love it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You questioned the spelling of animosity, but not dibacle?
It ain't animosity Dude, it's pity [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 07:06 PM

Cause I am so helpless in this world. My typing skills are obviously tied in directly with my poker skills so thanks for the pity. I know realize after all this wasted time that the 50,000 hands of winning poker I played was a fluke. I was running good, and I will never see those results again. Thanks for the pity and I will keep plugging away and feeding money to all the 2+2 multitablers. Come play your AQ's against my AK's and your 88's against my AA's I can't win. I'm pathetic.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:08 PM

Just kidding. I am going to make a good secondary income of this game in the coming months and it is all thanks to you guys, even the beraters, I get all my motivation to learn and play better from you all. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:14 PM

I have a similar situation right now. I went from having about 15% ROI in my 1st 75, down to like -3% overall right over my past 75. Here's my philosphy. While I work on things & continue to get better, keep this in mind. When you have this small of a sample with a -ROI, remember you are always 1-2 wins from having a + ROI. You need a much larger sample before jumping to conclusions. Although it's tough to keep this philosophy after having a guy AI HU & losing w/ my AK vs A6(he made a str8), 5 minutes ago. None the less, keep at it. PM me if you ever need to because I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:20 PM

Thanks Gator. I might be giving u a PM this weekend. I plan on playing 100 SnG's in 36 hours.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM

I am in a similar situation right now. My Roth IRA dropped 1.3% over the last week, so I'm going to have to bump my retirement back to May of 2045 from January 2045. It's a good thing I have the up-to-the-minute stock ticker installed so I can keep track of this and adjust accordingly.

Slim
Old 03-29-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Gator. I might be giving u a PM this weekend. I plan on playing 100 SnG's in 36 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asking about ROI then 100 SNG's in 36 hours what, 4 tabling? I wish I had the stamina, much less the heart to do this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If this is 8 tabling, I'll still pray for you as it's not going to be easy. No offense or anything.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:56 AM

I'm gonna put in three 5-6 hour days 4 tabling, which should be about 30-35 SnG's a day.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna put in three 5-6 hour days 4 tabling, which should be about 30-35 SnG's a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very interested in your results if you wouldn't mind after you're done. No reason really since it won't have any point if you're +50% ROI or -50% ROI but still it's nice to know what happened. Would this be the first time you did a marathon like that?