Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Poker Superstars 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anybody think a little about what they're setting up?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess so. barry greenstein wrote the structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had little to do with the structure. I put in the time clock so we could get more hands in at each limit. Without the time clock, this would have been far less playable.

Barry
Old 03-28-2005, 05:28 PM

But you implied that you had more to do with it, when you were on the show with Kathy L.

Or was that the same thing and that's all you had a part in, Barry?
Old 03-28-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Poker Superstars 2- entertaining DS bashing on UPF

A few people taking shots. Look for the thread that starts with this post:

<font color="blue">Gee, I guess all it takes is a complete lack of humility and the most ridiculous luck I have ever seen to be 'one of the top 5 players out there'?

For those of you that didn't see it, this week's episode featured Sklanksy, Cyndi Violette, Mike Sexton, Carlos Mortenson and a few other semi unknowns. Sklansky, when interviewed says he's one of the top 5 players in the world (if you count his vast skills at every game, not just holdem). Even if he's right, that's a pretty ballsy statement to make.

He then proceeds to get cards smacking him in the face like balls on a rookie pr0n star. Had AA like 4 times in the first 3 rounds, 6 or 7 overall. Got other big pocket pairs, you name it. He still would (should) have been out in 2nd but his K7 sucked out on Violette's AA to make a flush. It was obscene. You would have sworn it was online or something.

What a tool. If his ridiculous luck and smarmy attitude mean we can't check out Violette's rack in the finals I'll be pissed! </font>

Talking about a tool.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 10:02 PM

Superstars Invitational 2 would've been more watchable if it were pot limit. It's already volatile as a shorthanded game, so they might as well reduce the preflop racing out of the competition.

And knowing that 17 players turned down playing in this event, can't they get ONE of them in the commentary booth to correct Konik when he's wrong? Guess that's just workplace politics.

They also need to check that Shufflemaster.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Superstars Invitational 2 would've been more watchable if it were pot limit. It's already volatile as a shorthanded game, so they might as well reduce the preflop racing out of the competition.

And knowing that 17 players turned down playing in this event, can't they get ONE of them in the commentary booth to correct Konik when he's wrong? Guess that's just workplace politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have NOT investigate dthis and I don't remember exacts. I'm too lazy to do any research. But I believe I read on www.fullcontactpoker.com that Daniel and severla others boycotted this deal for whatever reason and when they decided they actually wanted to play then it was too late.

Actually I'm not that lazy. I'll go look it up.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have NOT investigate dthis and I don't remember exacts. I'm too lazy to do any research. But I believe I read on www.fullcontactpoker.com that Daniel and severla others boycotted this deal for whatever reason and when they decided they actually wanted to play then it was too late.

Actually I'm not that lazy. I'll go look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Super Stars Invitational II also has an exciting format that I would have loved to participate in. Unfortunately I agreed to a vote along with 17 other players on whether or not we would play in the event based on the amount of money that would be added to the event.

I voted that we should play thinking that no group of 24 players was &amp;#8220;above the game&amp;#8220;, but when the majority of the others realized that it was silly not to play it was too late. We were replaced by other players as I would have expected. The vote initially looked something like 13 against playing and 4 pro playing, but if we'd voted three to four days later it would have been 15-2, or maybe 14-3 in favor of playing. I hate even thinking about the whole mess because I find it personally very aggravating.

DN
Old 03-29-2005, 01:42 PM

Upgrade your TiVo. It's pretty easy if you've ever opened the inside of a computer. I've got 240 hours in mine now.