Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Is this variance?

[ QUOTE ]
Let me see if I've got this straight. You cashed out your 40-50k (from 16-19% ROI over 5000 55's) you've won in the last 2 years to pay for school, so you're too cash strapped to play higher than 22's. Ok.

I call bball904's subterfuge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I just noticed I mistyped in my initial post. That 5000 SNGs was total played including all the ones at much lower stakes initially. I'm not exactly sure the total number I have played at the 50s. I would guess it is around 1000, but not anywhere close to 5000. My total profits aren't anywhere close to $50K, there are just under $20K. The 16% to 19% number was just an estimate for all games played so I'm not really sure what my ROI is for the 50s, I just know that I was beating them. I am also not completely cash strapped, I just didn't want to make a large deposit. I had succesfully built a bankroll before and I assumed I could do it again. I didn't have any probalems initially, as I turned my $200 redeposit to $1800 in a relatively short amount of time, but that is the point at which I hit this bad run.