Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: *Official*Pokerstars 11+R 25k guaranteed

Got moved to a new table where stealing seemed more feasible. 2nd hand, I get dealt AA. I limp because I want action and I'm willing to risk it for the action (a couple notes indicated tightness). The guy immediately to my left pushes. I call when it's folded back to me. He has 88.

Flop: Q8Q. I slump in my chair. Turn 7. River Q!!! Then, next hand I try to steal, get called by BB. He checks, I put him all-in, he folds. Now up to 103k. Karma's taking me on the rollercoaster ride tonight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 02:49 AM

Now 2nd in chips with 214k when MP raises 4x and I call on the button with TT. Flop QT8. He pushes. I gleefully call. He has 88 and doesn't river quads like Lori. Oh boy!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:51 AM

Bluffed off a nice chunk with KQo against TT on rag flop. Down to 152k.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:20 AM

Busted 77th. Three hands were my downfall.

Hand 1: Aggressive SB raises my BB. I reraise with Q8o. He calls. Flop J87, two hearts (I have Qh). He bets about 1/2 pot, and I push. He has 9s6s. Turn 2, River T. So I lose about 65% of my stack there.

Hand 2: I'm in MP with QQ. UTG pushes. I push over the top. I get two more callers. UTG has 33. Caller 1 has 99. Caller 2 has KK. Caller 2 has the biggest stack of them all, so I don't get any side pot love when the board helps nobody.

Hand 3: Very next hand, with blinds rapidly approaching, I tilt-push with 5x BB behind and Ax. Same guy who had KK the previous hand has TT and calls. I get no help. The only play I really regret is this one, as I may have been able to find a better hand to gambool with. Oh well. Stupid tilt.

It was a nice impressive fall from 2nd in chips to out in 77th. Oh well. I guess you gotta win those 60/40 shots and not run into KK to get to the final table in one of these things.