Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: My Best Ever Lay Down!

[ QUOTE ]
The next time you get KK or AA, just raise and show everyone your cards so that they will all fold and you'll never get sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

AWESOME!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You signed yourself up for therapy on 12/11/04. You made the first step....now take the next - pay attention and learn. There are alot of helpful people here, many sacastic, a few lunatics, and a few a-holes.
Welcome to the Forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!!! Even more AWESOME!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 09:36 PM

Did anyone else read this and, atleast for a second, feel like they're wasting their time NOT playing on Pacific Poker?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else read this and, atleast for a second, feel like they're wasting their time NOT playing on Pacific Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

SUPER DUPER AWESOME!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I can't believe that it keeps getting better and better!!!!1
Old 03-17-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Question for the bar-b-que chef...

Did anyone else think this was a joke?

Before I say anything, I mean no personal attack..

But, this kind of thing happens a lot at RGP. I'm new to twoplustwo, and hadn't seen it yet, but figured this would happen from time to time.

Again, I mean no personal attack at all, but I didn't think it was possible for someone to not know to raise KK if they were playing 5-10 (espeicially true for people who know what twoplustwo is).

PS: Title is a reference to a simpsons episode.

PPS: I'm going jogging now and won't be able to read/respond to replies for like an hour.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Question for the bar-b-que chef...

Wow. Good call.. perhaps? If it is a joke he followed thru with a poker web site pretty hard =)
Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also check out my blog if you get the chance http://www.holdemlife.co.uk/68423/69112.html

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-17-2005, 10:17 PM

donk.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've already read the blog then you're just lazy.

If you haven't read the blog yet, read it now and then go back and edit that post to put "DONK" in capitals and bolded type!!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow thanks for your replies guys, Ok I'm not the best at forum posts. But really must you be so harsh?? whats the point of replying to my post if you just gonna bitch n moan?? I heard 2+2 was great for sharing info on poker, not a very welcoming site for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's some information: you should raise KK preflop, always. your reasoning against it is plain god awful. you mean you don't want people to be putting in additional bets before the flop when you hold the second best hand in poker? if this is typical of your preflop thinking you've got a gaping hole in your game. this is easy stuff. if the sb limp reraises you, you should auto-cap.

you should lead this flop, always. again, this is standard. if the sb leads (even after your cap), you should raise. checking into a passive preflop field on a drawing board where they're likely interested in taking a free turn card is Bad.

and what's with your ultra-specific reads based on opponents calling and checking? not only are you seeing monsters under the bed, you're leaving snacks out overnight to entice them to hang out there just so you can get scared when they actually show up.

you played this poorly and lost far less money than you should have because you played this like a donk, saved as well by the SB playing this like an even BIGGER donk.

and lastly... any post that begins "my best lay down" is going to be met by scorn. primarily because making big lay-downs at this level is not what winning poker is all about. and also because they make this same point in SSH and everyone who's read it recently will quote it like the bible and ram it down your throat every second they get.

if you'd like to contribute more to the forum and work on your game... welkommen!

if you've come to wow us with your poker prowess... i apologize for the scorn in this post and others (which i haven't read, but i'm sure it's there), but you've got a lot to learn :-)