Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: better than sex!! (from what i remember)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...my husband's company makes these things, and we can get one REALLY REALLY cheap. Question: Does the mattress just fit on a regular box spring?

[/ QUOTE ]

hook your 2+2 peeps up!

edit: me no good at english

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well right after I hook up every family member and workplace colleague that has designs on getting one. Actually, they even have a "waiting list" for employees. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a big bed. Aren't you afraid of losing someone in there? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Congrats on finding something comfortable.

Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

we sure missed you at TOEJAM. the final table was happy you were not there, but still...

yes, big bed. however, i plan on getting in it tonight and never leaving. i will be on the cover of national enquirer when they need a chopper to remove me and the bed when i croak in it. i've always wanted to ride in a helicopter. riding under one will have to do.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's a big bed. Aren't you afraid of losing someone in there? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Congrats on finding something comfortable.

Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

we sure missed you at TOEJAM. the final table was happy you were not there, but still...

yes, big bed. however, i plan on getting in it tonight and never leaving. i will be on the cover of national enquirer when they need a chopper to remove me and the bed when i croak in it. i've always wanted to ride in a helicopter. riding under one will have to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

My second daughter was a premee and she got medevac'ed to a Neonatal ICU in another city about an hour after she was born. She's 7 now and gets kidded nearly every day about being the only one of us who has ever ridden in a helicopter. I'm going to steal Granny's plan for copping a copter ride so I can be the 2nd one in the family because I'm still paying for that first medevac ride.

Commencing GrannyCopter Master Plan, Phase 1 - consume mass quantities of Ben and Jerry's while practicing maximum energy conservation
Old 03-29-2005, 01:06 PM

Default olliejen buys into the hype...

and forked up a king's ransom for a King, boxspring(it's a heavy sucker, so it needs a special one), 2 pillows, mattress pad (my dog sometimes has accidents) and frame.

review:
i wondered what people meant by "best sleep" b/c i had heard this several times over from different people.

here is my take after a week sleeping on this thing:

night 1: was hard. i mean it, the bed was hard. everyone tells you the 1st night is like that, but it's still a bit disappointing after spending so much $$ on it. we had a pillowtop mattress before the tempur and the firmness definitely was a transition.

every night since: every night now when i go to bed, i spend about 5 minutes just trying to "feel" a difference, and every night, it's the same thing. I spend about 5 minutes saying to myself, "i don't get it...what's so special about this bed? it isn't that comft-zzZZzZZZzZ~..." next thing i know, it's morning and i've woken up not b/c of anything, but just b/c it's time to wake up. i think this is what people mean by "best sleep."

As best as I can tell, normally in the lighter stages of sleep (just about to fall asleep, when you're almost about to wake up) you're not awake per se, but you're aware of things like the bed shifting when your spouse turns over, or even yourself moving into a different, more comfortable position. It just never happens on the tempur-pedic. Nothing is just overtly so super-comfortable (or maybe it is, i dunno i'm asleep) but your sleep really is like, one long unbroken, undisturbed stretch. I don't think I moved or changed positions last night. I took a shower before going to sleep last night, and when I woke up (in the same position) my hair was all standing straight up like one of those troll dolls, like it had been laying down all night.

does this make any sense? anyways, it's great & me & the mrs love it. if you value sleep, i definitely think it's worth a try (you can return it in 60-90 days if you don't like it)

edit: the pillow stunk like paint for a while, but it's OK now...
Old 03-29-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: olliejen buys into the hype...

edit: the pillow stunk like paint for a while, but it's OK now...

when i was purchasing this i asked the salesman to tell me all the bad things. he said that many people complained that the first 4 or 5 days it stank of chemical so they started some kind of rotating system where they took the plastic off of a set amount per week and let the stink disappear in the warehouse. consequently, i had no stink.

here is an admission that i certainly hope my nephew does not tell my spouse (he reads here sometimes).

spouse went to long island for 2 days for a memorial service. granny fell asleep with a candle burning on the headboard on first night alone. this is not a good thing because it was not the type of candle one lets burn. i attributed it to being over tired. i have not done that in 20 years. second night, SAME THING!! this time i was burning a yankee candle that was not so dangerous.

i realized that the reason this happened is because of exactly what you say..

I spend about 5 minutes saying to myself, "i don't get it...what's so special about this bed? it isn't that comft-zzZZzZZZzZ~..." next thing i know, it's morning and i've woken up not b/c of anything, but just b/c it's time to wake up. i think this is what people mean by "best sleep."

you don't wake up once you fall asleep. if i was still a smoker (well, i smoke one a week maybe), anyway, if i was still a smoker and i lived alone, the tempur would have killed me dead by now.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Better get two...

...so you have somewhere to sleep when you sh+t the bed.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:23 PM

This is a serious question.

Since these beds don't have the bounce of a spring mattress how is sex in one of these beds?

Paul
Old 03-29-2005, 04:35 PM

according to codewarrior & taxgoddess its a lot fun.

so far, me & mrs olliejen both fall asleep too fast to get anything started ourselves...
Old 03-29-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Better get two...

ah, as a bit of forthought, we bought a mattress pad, so liquid and solids get the Gandalf-YOU-SHALL-NOT-PASS treatment when they try to reach the tempur...
Old 03-29-2005, 04:39 PM

first of all they come in firm and soft. the soft was something that i don't think would be good for sex because you would sink down into a pre-formed hole. when i sat on this in the showroom i stood up in a second and knew i would never buy the soft one.

the firm one is no different than a regular bed, but nothing moves. meaning, you could set a glass of champagne on one side of a king and do it doggy for hours on the other side, and the glass will never move (unless you grab it for a sip)