View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there an Egyptian symbol for money/gold?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOW you're talking. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This is a great idea.... I'll get on that.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the Egyptian symbol for gold:

[ QUOTE ]
The Egyptian symbol for gold is a collar with beads along the lower edge. Gold has long been associated with the gods and royalty. This imperishable metal reflects the brilliance of the sun and the hope of eternal life. Isis and Nephthys, two of the goddesses who protected the dead, are often shown kneeling on the gold sign at the ends of royal coffins.

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda boring.... maybe just an ankh?

Ten
Old 03-11-2005, 06:07 PM

How 'bout another poll --

When will the first auction for these new chips be on eBay?
( ) 24 hours
( ) 3 days
( ) 1 week

Will it include stealing Ten's mockup graphics?
( ) Yes
( ) Yes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How 'bout another poll --

When will the first auction for these new chips be on eBay?
( ) 24 hours
( ) 3 days
( ) 1 week

Will it include stealing Ten's mockup graphics?
( ) Yes
( ) Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, that's another idea. sell pre-orders on ebay? that sure would help us reach the goal. but it's also probably not allowed. i'm an established ebay seller, but i dont know that answer.

ten

edit: wife says its a bad idea. (prolly right) people will never want to wait that long, and will start giving bad feedback.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're gonna need to do some work on the blank orange chip. Anyone have any suggestions? It just looks "empty" on the bottom half.

Keep in mind, it's a $350 charge for major changes, and a $150 for minor ones....

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

whats $350 when you are spending $90,000 ?

[sarcasm]the inlay shape is going to look real good on the white chip[/sarcasm]

is it me or do these seem waaay overpriced? a chipco group buy was recently completeted where 20,000 chips were .72 each. makes you wonder whats really going on behind the scenes. the more hands it goes through, the less of a discount we will get. trademark needs their cut, Ten needs his cut, and paulson needs their cut. im not accusing anyone of anything yet, but i just cant understand this logically that a 100,000 chip order is going to cost .90 cents a chip. it doesnt compute in my mind. dont get me wrong, i would love to own a set of these, i just cant come to grips with paying this much.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we're gonna need to do some work on the blank orange chip. Anyone have any suggestions? It just looks "empty" on the bottom half.

Keep in mind, it's a $350 charge for major changes, and a $150 for minor ones....

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

whats $350 when you are spending $90,000 ?

[sarcasm]the inlay shape is going to look real good on the white chip[/sarcasm]

is it me or do these seem waaay overpriced? a chipco group buy was recently completeted where 20,000 chips were .72 each. makes you wonder whats really going on behind the scenes. the more hands it goes through, the less of a discount we will get. trademark needs their cut, Ten needs his cut, and paulson needs their cut. im not accusing anyone of anything yet, but i just cant understand this logically that a 100,000 chip order is going to cost .90 cents a chip. it doesnt compute in my mind. dont get me wrong, i would love to own a set of these, i just cant come to grips with paying this much.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe ten's cut will be 0 dollars. but your post brings to mind a certain thought that has been stated before. it goes something like "you have choices. you can always choose to go elsewhere."

another thought: chipcos retail at $1. paulson JB's retail at $1.15.

recently you posted that they should go for .6 in this group buy. i think you're dreaming.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:50 PM

I love the chips Ten. Even without shaped inlays I think I'm in, but the shaped inlays makes it definite. I'd still like to see a $5000 chip though.

I agree - ya need something to differentiate the blank. How about instead of using the Nefertiti image use the Kephera, Osiris or perhaps Ra? Here is a good Ra design (sorry, no tiny link): Ra image

Here is an Osiris: Osiris

I would think Ra would be a good fit with the orange color.

Wooderson

ps: oh yeah, what's the concentric cirlce thing i've heard a few people mention?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i believe ten's cut will be 0 dollars. but your post brings to mind a certain thought that has been stated before. it goes something like "you have choices. you can always choose to go elsewhere."

another thought: chipcos retail at $1. paulson JB's retail at $1.15.

recently you posted that they should go for .6 in this group buy. i think you're dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets be real here. something just smells awefully fishy. we are ordering 100,000 chips and the best you can do is .90 cents a chip? ok lets look at the dice702 chips. he sells 5,000 chips for .92 cents each. are you telling me he is only making 2 cents a chip? please, get real. i am not buying it. be realistic people and use some common sense.

and btw, i believe ten is making 0 profit. i was simply making a point. i would trust that he would be completely honest about this.

and btw, Chipcos now retail for 1.10 .

[ QUOTE ]
recently you posted that they should go for .6 in this group buy. i think you're dreaming

[/ QUOTE ]
based on the amount ordered and the price of dice's chips, i am saying that this is where the right price should be.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:57 PM

Personally, I wasn't expecting much less than .90 per chip, which is >25% discount of $1.25/chip retail (JB's are going for $1.50/chip). 100,000 is the MINIMUM sized order for a custom chip, I can't imagine they're going to give a %50 discount for that order. Trademark's website states that "Best bulk pricing will be for order of 250,000 pieces or more", and we are nowhere near that size. And, you have to remember this is Paulson, the granddaddy of poker chips. They know that they can keep their prices high because of the demand for their chips, and that people are willing to pay high prices for their product (Just look at what their chips were selling for on eBay). Also, they just re-entered the consumer market this year, which makes the demand for these chips even higher. Paulson and Trademark are businesses, and they're going to try to make as much money as possible, and even though that sucks, you can't really hold that against them. And, AFAIK, Ten's not going to make a profit on these things, but if he does make a couple bucks on the side, I don't mind considering all the hard work he's put into it. In the end, I'm happy as long as I'm getting Paulson chips with a nice design at or below the price of the current crappy designs. I'm doing it more for the chips than for the price.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:02 PM

I know the answer to this is probably no, but is there any chance of getting the other chips (apart from the orange) without denominations on them? I ask because I think the design and the colors are great, but I would be using them for a home game, and I would prefer the flexibility that chips without denominations offer.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a resounding "No" [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I wasn't expecting much less than .90 per chip, which is >25% discount of $1.25/chip retail (JB's are going for $1.50/chip). 100,000 is the MINIMUM sized order for a custom chip, I can't imagine they're going to give a %50 discount for that order. Trademark's website states that "Best bulk pricing will be for order of 250,000 pieces or more", and we are nowhere near that size. And, you have to remember this is Paulson, the granddaddy of poker chips. They know that they can keep their prices high because of the demand for their chips, and that people are willing to pay high prices for their product (Just look at what their chips were selling for on eBay). Also, they just re-entered the consumer market this year, which makes the demand for these chips even higher. Paulson and Trademark are businesses, and they're going to try to make as much money as possible, and even though that sucks, you can't really hold that against them. And, AFAIK, Ten's not going to make a profit on these things, but if he does make a couple bucks on the side, I don't mind considering all the hard work he's put into it. In the end, I'm happy as long as I'm getting Paulson chips with a nice design at or below the price of the current crappy designs. I'm doing it more for the chips than for the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

good points. so what im gathering then is that Paulson and Trademark views this group buy as consumers rather than retailers. so they will gouge us as much as they possibly can, and therefore give us zero breaks on price. im sure that trademark realizes the frenzy that we are creating with this and is thus capitalizing on our excitment. understandable, any smart businessman would do the same. but like i said, at this volume, i cant justify that price in my mind, especially when we are going directly to the manufacturer (albeit via trademark).