Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Convince me to get Pokertracker

I believe that PokerTracker has helped my overall game immensely, including live.

One thing PokerTracker practically forces you to do is make opponent-dependant decisions all the time. It is quite easy to fall into the trap of playing ABC poker all the time, especially online.

Playing live after using PokerTracker is "taking off the training wheels," in a sense. A thinking player who has been using PokerTracker will know the value of the data it gathers and seek to gather the same information live. Contrast this to the majority of bad players, who simply sit down and play on auto-pilot.

I am a big fan of this software; it is invaluable for bookkeeping, spotting leaks in one's game, and as a training tool.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:02 PM

I love this software, Yes it has improved my personal game for all the above reasons.

One of my favorite features is the Playback. Its on thing to read through the text of a HH but it is another thing to replay and watch your game.

And hey you just played a totally awsome hand but noone was around to see your play. You yell in to the other room to your roomate "yo! watch how this hand played out!"
Old 03-13-2005, 08:34 PM

It moved me up from 2BB/100 to 20B/100 (and I mean consistently over 40k+ hands)

Without it I was scrambling around in the dark - suddenly I understood how the game really works (at least at low stakes NL).

I have had one losing week since GT+ came out in October (and it was less than $100). Otherwise I've made at least $100 (best week about $450) each week on the 25c/50c NL tables.

And I play part-time (about 10 hrs/week).

Information = money in Poker. Why on earth would you not want that information?
Old 03-13-2005, 08:37 PM

hmm..not sure I'd tell someone to spend $20 for a manual to software he hasn't bought yet

the free guide is pretty effusive and convincing too:

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/poker-tra...ne-page31.html