Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Opinions on a Floor ruling

I had a hand similar to this and it was the first time in 10 yrs I ever called the floor. Ironically, it happened shortly after I had gone back and forth with Rick Nebiolo in a thread about the sacredness of the muck. I kept insisting the muck ruled and Rick kept saying the best hand should win. I PM'ed him to tell him that, after my experience, I agreed with him.

In the hand, I had gone to war with another guy h/u from pre-flop thru the turn. I had KK on a rag board. A blank hits the river and he finally checks. I bet and I'm looking right at him. He throws his hands up to surrender, turns his JJ face up and says "I guess you win."

Every bet or call he made he tossed chips out in front of his cards. This time he didn't. This time he managed to put them out but kept them behind his cards. I couldn't see them. I tossed my cards towards the muck and he started yelling I lose.

I grabbed 1 before it hit and the other went over the muck in front of the chip rack. I didn't know where it was. The dealer told the floor that was my card and I won.

I used to think the muck was sacred. Now I agree with Rick. Regardless of whose fault it is, the best hand should be awarded the pot if it's bet or called.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:17 PM

One way to avod this is to simply never relinguish control of ur cards until the money is pushed to you. All of these situations could be avoided if players took this simple precaution.

Jeff
Old 03-08-2005, 01:19 PM

Seat 10's hand should be dead, push the pot to Seat 3.

1st thing any poker player should learn when playing B&M poker is to protect your hand.