Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Pocket 3s

I start (33)A. My three are live. It's 6 way and I think this Party 3-6 table is pretty fishy.

Bring in has a deuce in the door, Ad calls, I call with As, 7h calls, 10c calls.

We see fourth:

(xx)24
(xx)Ad9d
(33)As8h
(xx)7hJs
(xx)10h6s

Checked to the T6 who bets. Bring in calls, Ad9d calls, I call, 7hJs calls.

I considered folding here, but felt no one likely had much and decided to see one more, since my 3s were live.

Fifth
(xx)249c
(xx)Ad9dKd
(33)As8hQc
(xx)7hJs8s
(xx)10h6s2d

Checked around. Obviously, I'm gone if there's a bet here. I think the player with the diamonds board made a significant error not betting -- but then again this is the trouble for loose players who limp with awful hands -- you can have a menacing board and absolute crap under.

Sixth
(xx)2498
(xx)Ad9dKdAh
(3s3c)As8hQc3d
(xx)7hJs8s2c
(xx)10h6s2dJd

I get lucky...and my neighbor finally bets his 3 flush and newly paired Aces. There's about $24 in the pot and I raise to clear the field. They all fold, Aces call. I don't improve and we check through the river.

He had one pair, aces, and a four flush (but he could have caught the fourth diamond on the river).

Who likes the raise on 6th? Who hates the check behind on the river? Who thinks I never should have been in the hand at all, or should have folded fourth?