Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Airport runs in Vegas

I saw a guy do this at the Mirage on a Monday afternoon. He waited for a new dealer, played on hand, then made it back in 65 minutes. He was dropping someone off, not picking up.

I agree with others though, totally lame, just make them take a cab.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:18 PM

have a buddy drive back from the airport. then, you can adjust your jump off point dependant on the amount of traffic into the garage.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's way simpler to have your buddies take a cab. It's not that expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, we've been over this and I agree completely. It's more of a challenge than a convenience/money thing. I just want to know if it could be done. Let's forget about all optimizations of money and convenience. It's all about the time trial.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, so let's say I'm going to Vegas this weekend and I'll be the first of my buddies to get into town. I'll be playing at the Bellagio. Would I be able to make it from my seat at the table to my car in the parking lot/structure, to the airport and back to my seat in time so that they won't pick me up and I lose my seat in my game?

How much time will they give me at the Bellagio and how long does it take to make this airport run, assuming my buddies are waiting for me on the curb when I get to the airport?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the guy sitting next to you $5 to take away an absent button when the dealer changes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2005, 01:19 AM

Bellagio parking lot to E. Harmon to Paradise to Airport. Repeat on return trip. May the force be with you. I think you have a pretty good shot if you do it at 1:30 in the afternoon.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Add a couple minutes for lights/traffic (assuming non-terrible traffic)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what some people would call an unwarranted and wholly unjustifiable assumption. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would I be able to make it from my seat at the table to my car in the parking lot/structure, to the airport and back to my seat in time so that they won't pick me up and I lose my seat in my game?

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem.

Sparks
Old 03-01-2005, 04:48 PM

I think you can do it. And, with all of this talk, I am expecting you to try it.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in las vegas so I will give this a try after my class tonight and let you know how it goes. There is only one way to come back from the airport if you are going to do this and that is tunnel to the 15 off flamingo and to the valet on the side of the hotel. But leaving the Bellagio to go the airport im not sure maybe Harmon or Trop to Pardise. I dont think you will have a problem at all .

[/ QUOTE ]
So what's the final verdict on this one? This is (maybe) going down tomorrow. Did you come through for me, Joe?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:20 PM

I find it curious that no one has commented on the lack of concern for other people affected by this plan. Sitting out for an hour or more (for an airport run, dinner, whatever) is very inconsiderate of others at the table, players on the wait list, dealers, and floor people.

A question for all here: how do you really feel when you are at a table, or on the wait list for a table, and a seat is empty for an hour? No flames (about being a spoil-sport, grouch, etc.) allowed unless you first answer the question honestly.