Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: levels of thinking

[ QUOTE ]
we later had a 20 minute discussion that ended with a consensus to never fight a land war in Asia.

[/ QUOTE ]
You seem to have something against land wars in Asia. It's better than a land war in North America. But then I'm USA-centric. I must only be thinking on the first level. Land war where I live = BAD.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:05 PM

Well he also calls Poker a sport so I think a lot of the time he's just pandering for the camera.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we later had a 20 minute discussion that ended with a consensus to never fight a land war in Asia.

[/ QUOTE ]
You seem to have something against land wars in Asia. It's better than a land war in North America. But then I'm USA-centric. I must only be thinking on the first level. Land war where I live = BAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny. I switched glasses when your back was turned. Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah.
[Vizzini falls over dead]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to see "The Princess Bride" ASAP.

Paul
Old 03-08-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You left out level one: What cards do I have?

[/ QUOTE ]

The cards that I hold are irrelevant. You're almost in, "The Man Who Knew Too Much" territory at the point DN was describing, and I believe he was spouting off for effect. He's playing poker all the time, even without cards, and I believe he was doing this to get a psychological advantage....
Old 03-09-2005, 06:22 PM

trying to think past the 4th level is counter productive as you will end up out thinking yourself to no end......DN talks allot and tries to make some of his horrendous plays looks like acts of genious (not saying he is not a GREAT card player because he clearly is (and a fellow CND so I like him) - however I have seen him make some horrific calls when the odds were WAY against him.....saying he was thinking at the 7th level is just a cover) Jmho
Old 03-10-2005, 09:02 PM

I posted "You left out level one: What cards do I have? " partly to clear up what what level is meant by level 3, level 4, etc.

And partly because if you don't consider what cards you have you'll never know when you have the nuts, nothing, etc.. Many times it does matter what cards you have.