Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Re: First post

Eastbay,
There currently are players that are going around doing just as you suggested. Adam, I agree with you that a "magical" bot seems improbable, but I don't think it is impossible. When the first poker sites came out I'm sure that they thought it was impossible for people to predict the fall of the cards. This obviously was not the case since they used a simple time seeding system for their RNG. Things have been improved dramatically, but I think it is possible for someone to achieve this. This bot is just showing results that are far too exceptional for such a simple design. I'm hoping this is just a small sample, and the bot will begin to lose like it should. It just hasnt happened yet which is what led me to ask whether something like this is really feasible.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:42 AM

Well from someone who created a competing product (to some degree) I will take that with a grain of salt.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well from someone who endorses and helps with a competing product (to some degree) I will take that with a grain of salt.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is exactly zero overlap in the goals or functionality of our products. Therefore I have no vested interest whatsoever in the success of yours.

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 04:49 AM

Eastbay,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is your product?
Old 02-26-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is your product?

[/ QUOTE ]

See my profile for a link.

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 04:51 AM

That's funny but I thought two software products that sell to the exact same market would be competing. I just thought I should disclose that the person doubting our technical expertise also will be selling a software product to the sit and go market. It only seems fair.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's funny but I thought two software products that sell to the exact same market would be competing. I just thought I should disclose that the person doubting our technical expertise also will be selling a software product to the sit and go market. It only seems fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The evidence is there for anyone to judge for themselves.

But this is clearly off-topic now so I'm going to take the high road and get back to discussing SnG strategy as I've done every day for over a year here.

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to that AJ vs AK hand, it seems as if it plays based both on a combination of the strength of it's hand pre flop and possibly what it will end up with at the end of the hand too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this what every player does?

Or are you saying it knows what the board will be and make a move based on that?

If the bot could actually do this wouldn't it play a lot more hands?

As for the UTG hands, maybe the programmer feels thats a really good position to steal from.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:09 AM

applejuicekid,
What I was saying was that it seems that the bot uses unconventional information to makes it's decisions. If someone were to make a bot that either folds or moves in they would have it move in based on its hand, stack size, postion, and the blinds. This bot doesnt appear to do that. It seems to completely ignore position and blinds at times as was the case with the 2 4 hand. This is what leads me to believe that it is using some other factors in its decision making. It seems to always hit the board very hard when it moves in with weak hands.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:14 AM

Right, so lets ignore what my product says and instead use logic.

Either your product seriously underrates every single person whose ROI I know, or the entire universe is running badly.

Lori