Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Anyone play this differently?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there there too small a chance of him having AKs here to make checking behind on the turn not a viable option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure you have to worry about this guy raising the turn and checking the river with a worse hand. I think in this particular spot you put in the least amount of money in order to gather enough information to make the right laydown. That being said, I dont like this line agaist most players, because it really screams "raise me and there is a good chance I'll put this hand in the dumpster." A lot of the time I make that play with my really strong hands because it does look weak and you'll get raised by a lot of nonsense hands on the turn. There is one European regular in that game, who I cant stand, makes this check call, then lead out on the turn everytime he is on a bluff and he folds everytime you raise him. I do think you need to be very careful about who you take this line with because a lot of guys will raise the turn and check down the river pretty light. Anyhow very nice hand agaist this guy I think. Agaist an unknown I like check raising the flop and leading the turn better.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Anyone play this differently?

[ QUOTE ]
It means that he plays very straightforward, predictable and mechanical and is easily pushed around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. And plays passively.

[ QUOTE ]
For example, if you raise a weak-tight player on the turn, he will almost always fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. He's the classic "call and check to the raiser" type which he'll do 70%. He'll call and bet out 10%. He'll fold 10% and he'll 3 bet 10% with a monster. He'll call and c/r the next street 0% of the time.