Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Vegas on a budget

Try Ellis Island, lots of local blue hairs and riverside necks hang out there.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try Ellis Island, lots of local blue hairs and riverside necks hang out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

As many as in the Stardust? I'll have to check it out.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:08 AM

I am incorrect about the cab prices. I stayed there this past weekend and a cab ride from Harrah's to CH II(Near Sahahra) was about $15 one way during Saturday night 10pm traffic.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:31 PM

There's been plenty of good suggestions for places to stay and play. The big burn is when your spring break is. At this late date gettting a cheap room might be harder than normal. If your spring break is the week of March 14th I wish you luck.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 AM

I just did a search on Travelaxe which searches for the lowest fares on a number of websites. I usually have fairly good luck with this search as lots of places match the lowest prices you can find on the internet. (Orleans and Gold Coast for sure) I put in the week of March 14th as an example, and all of the places were fairly high priced for that week. The lowest was some Extended Stay - Boulder Highway for $35 a night...wherever that is. Even the Orleans was $99 and the Imperial Palace was $179. Of course the "Vegas Motel" comes up for $35 a night too, but that sounds like kind of a spooky place.

Good Luck...it may be kind of tough at this late date. Try the Las Vegas Club, Four Queens, or the Plaza downtown as they are fairly cheap if they have anything available.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...snip...
A further option is to stay at Orleans if they have the "mastercard rate". I have heard of rooms as low as $19-30 per night with that rate. They have a great poker room and tournaments twice daily. Its not an expensive cab ride from there to Bellagio or Mirage...perhaps $4-7 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's $3.50 just to *sit down* in a cab in Vegas these days (I got back 2 days ago). The Orleans is about 2 miles from the Excalibur/NYNY/ so plan on an $8 ride with tips. And there is NOTHING to do or see at the Orleans (read that *women*).

Binions is cheap and decent down town but if I were you I would stay on the strip. Lots of other action when (not if) you get tired of playing cards.