Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: What do you do during a Big downswing?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just wondering what many of you do during a big downswing

[/ QUOTE ]

I just whine and complain to AviD. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I was actually running well until Saturday night. Dropped like 20 bets in that game and had to leave. Was gettig frustrated and have since dropped 100 bets in the 5-10 6 max. Nice way to spend president's Day weekend by dropping a couple dimes.

How did you wind up in that game?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:10 PM

Schneids - your avatar pwns. LOL
Old 02-22-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your implying hes whining about it I sure didnt get that feeling from his post. Get off your high horse

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

-Brad
Old 02-22-2005, 02:20 PM

I'd take a break, at least for a couple of days. Try to take your mind off poker. Concentrate on other things like family, friends, other hobbies, etc.

Then, when you feel a little less tension and stress from your downswing, gain your focus back and stay aggressive and tear up the tables. Don't think back, only ahead.

Fight the fight, baby!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually running well until Saturday night. Dropped like 20 bets in that game and had to leave. Was gettig frustrated and have since dropped 100 bets in the 5-10 6 max. Nice way to spend president's Day weekend by dropping a couple dimes.

How did you wind up in that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dropped 20BBs on Friday night. Break even Saturday, Break even Sunday, Break even Monday. Can't seem to break out of it, cold cards and ugly rivers.

My rush lasted about an hour on Monday in a ridiculously good game, capped 6 ways+ just about every preflop and flop for a solid 3-4 hours. Sick maniacs, was AWESOME and I was getting cold decked...and the hands I was in (paying 4 bets to see a flop) whiffed miserably and can really take a chunk out. In 3 hands I was back up to even for the weekend (+20BBs), but went cold again for hours and never got anything going again.

I'm thinking the best offset to my play I could make would be to steal a bit more (without a hand and using my tighter image during the cold streaks) and try to keep the aggression postflop as there were a few games where players would cold call PF but release quickly postflop (mostly on the turn). Problem is, you have to pay out the ass to get to the turn to find out how serious they are about their hand and willingness to fold. Obviously this can get very expensive very quickly vs opponents that won't fold or are running well enough to hang onto their middle pair until the river.

Was a fun weekend, always enjoy live play, but frustrating...lot of money moving around but not into my stack! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Back to online play tonight (or tomorrow night, might take a break tonight) to try to even the ship out. She's not sinking yet, but definitely taking on water! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Funny story in the Monday morning/mid-afternoon game.

Super LAG, pot pumping maniac is on a good rush and has about 2K+ in front of him. He continues his lagtastic play and in 30 min to an hour busts out (some of which I got on my 1 hour rush). He then starts busting out $20 bills and buying in for like $300 at a time (?!?!!?). Every two hands he's rebuying for another $300 of $20s. After busting out 3 more times, he finally whips out a stack of $100s and slams them on the table...had to be a solid 20-30K. Player to my right (regular) goes, "Yeah, that should be enough". Super LAG tilted off another 1K+ and then left disgusted. Honestly, the table brutalized him and really didn't play him too well. I'd at least call my blinds to his steal and check fold whiffed flops to give him some action back! I certainly didn't want him leaving! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good times, good laughs...and christ the hot Asian girls playing down there. Focus man, FOCUS!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:38 PM

When I get home tonight I am going to post some pretty whinny IMs.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u do the same thing!??!?! hes ur B**** too??!?!?!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good times, good laughs...and christ the hot Asian girls playing down there. Focus man, FOCUS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG TROUBLE MISTER!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha

/me looks at his left ring finger...yep nothing there! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/me looks at his left ring finger...yep nothing there! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!! ::looks down at mine:: yup something there!!!

PS: not what it really appears to be!!