Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Thanks!

Personally, I will never play regularly at a site without pokertracker and rakeback until all of the games at party dry up. There's just no reason to. I think a lot of 2+2ers feel the same way.

Mason makes some interesting points about how important the regular/pro players are to B&M cardrooms (in poker essays 3, I think), but I'm not sure how this applies online.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Pokermountain and Pokertracker

I'm a little disheartened at the idea of a site purposefully trying to be incompatable with Pokertracker. This might be a deal breaker for me -- but I know I am just a drop in the bucket. Okay less than a drop in the bucket. I would think, though, that a lot of 2+2ers would also not be a big fan of this idea. Then again, maybe I am overestimating how much we rely on PT, but I am really surprised this is not getting more discussion.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Pokermountain and Pokertracker

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little disheartened at the idea of a site purposefully trying to be incompatable with Pokertracker. This might be a deal breaker for me -- but I know I am just a drop in the bucket. Okay less than a drop in the bucket. I would think, though, that a lot of 2+2ers would also not be a big fan of this idea. Then again, maybe I am overestimating how much we rely on PT, but I am really surprised this is not getting more discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't said anything because I am just completely baffled as to why they would seriously consider this policy. Not all folks using poker tracker are pros. In fact, I am guessing the majority are just casual players that are looking to imporve their play and keep track of their wins and losses. If the largest cardrooms/networks on the Internet have usable hand histories, one would think a new cardroom would view that as a "best practice" and move in that direction as well.

Anyway - while the bonus is generoud, the wagering requirements, coupled with the low site traffic, coupled with the absence of usable hand histories make PM a no for me, too. Hopefully that changes down the road.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:14 PM

I think I might be getting misquoted a bit here, I have no idea if PM has any plans to prevent Poker Tracker, all I said was it looks to me that if we are trying to "discourage" pros, then that would be one way to do it, certainly judging by the replies anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Like I said, I'll bring this subject up at the next marketing meeting, I'd like to know too.

I haven't really thought this through much yet, and I'm sure the whole subject has already been beaten to death, but if I had a choice of a site where the 'pros' can't use their tools, I'd assume that meant the playing field was leveled a little more, meaning the novice players would win a little more, meaning I'd still have an edge (although not as great), but much better games to sit in. Is that flawed logic?

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 02-18-2005, 05:47 AM

If hand history is available on the site (no idea as still cant get on it) then the decision of if its poker tracker compatiblity is probably more down to Pat than the owners of poker mountain as he is the one who will have to deceide if its worth him doing a conversion for it.

Might be worth posting on the Pokertracker forums.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Thanks!

Hey PooMount.

Looking over your site at 5:09 EST you have 2 real money tables open.

One with 6 players,the other with 2.

Both say $0.00 avg P.O.T.

The Play money table table I noticed had an avg. P.O.T of $379.

I guess I better go mix it up with Brown Thumb! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]