Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Have you been close to death and how did it feel?

Wow Jason, that is definitely up there on my list of ways not to die. Choking, strangulation, drowning all sound like the worst.

Let's see. I fell asleep at the wheel of my ex-girlfriend's car when I was 16. For those of you from the East Coast I was on the Taconic Parkway. I woke up as I was running off the road and managed to cut the wheel so I slid out and hit the only guardrail for 20 miles broadside. Wake up a split second later and I have a steering column in my stomach. That was maybe the worst shock I've been in. Escaped serious injury but I felt so sure I was gonna die. Worst part was I had just dropped her off @ Laguardia to fly to France for her grandfather's funeral. She was not a happy camper.

As wacki probably remembers, my girlfriend's ex-boyfriend broke into my house and tried to slash my throat with a chef's knife. I caught the blade on my hand and took it away from him, while pleading for my life. Lost a chunk out of my finger/palm and had a minor puncture wound near my collarbone. Didn't sleep too well for a while after that one either.

NT
Old 02-17-2005, 03:38 AM

I was mowing my lawn one day when I was stung on the lower ankle by a hornet. This was 4 years ago and I was 20. It hurt a lot and I was pissed because now my lawn would not be finished before I had to go deliver pizzas. As I was taking a shower my whole body was itching and I felt very hot. I did not look at myself in the mirror after my shower due to the steam. Before I left for work my head was throbbing relentlessly in addition to the itching around at my armpits, elbow pits and behind my knees. This is strange so I finally look in the mirror and my whole upper body is red especially at the joints.

I show my mom and she freaks and drives me to the hospital. Once there I am questioned about my medical history by first the receptionist and then a nurse. Meanwhile, my condition deteriorates very rapidly and I can barely breath or see, save very intense swirling colors. Now the doctor is asking me the same [censored] questions as before. I can only say," I need help," and then I pass out. I come to, a few seconds later with a few needles in my buttcheeks and am fully recovered in a few days.

I had nightmares for a few years.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:24 AM

Default chased by a gun-wielding street thug...

When I was an intern on capitol hill for a summer, I was confronted one night by a young black teenager with a gun. I ran as soon as he brandished it and it took him a couple seconds to pull it from his belt. This may have saved my life because I was too far away and he started to chase me but I was faster and got away.

I didn't really have time to reflect on my life or fear of death. I just ran.

This was a particularly violent summer where lots of people were getting shot and killed by callous D.C. teens with guns. It was practically an epidemic. I think there was one week with 15 murders. I'm quite sure this kid would have shot me.

natedogg
Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 AM

Jesus.
I didn't know that.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:03 AM

This is an insane thread!!!!

I had a severe asthma attack when I was 3 years old. Couldn't breathe. Was in the hospital for a week. That's all I got...

wacki, you gotta tell us everything!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:30 AM

The last day of school my senior year, my friends decided it would be funny to slip me LCD and speed. I had gone to sleep and woke up on his couch at 2am tripping out, no idea what the hell was going on. I've got a heart dealy where im not supposed to have stimulants (caffine, nicotine, [censored] like that makes my heart skip beats and stuff), so it really messed me up. At one point I remember it felt like my heart had litterally exploded and I couldn't breathe, everything slowly started going black and I realized I was going to die. Scariest moment of my whole life.

Sophmore year in college, we played our rivals at football. I decided to get drunk with my friends (first time I had been drunk in over 2 years, see above story for the reason). So I get pretty bombed, and we win the game, I rush the field with everyone else and end up hanging on the goal posts as we are trying to rip it down. Since I went to an AG school, our goal posts werent the normal yellow kind, but were made by the welding college and were like 10 times as heavy. Anyway, im hanging and the next thing I know Im on the ground. "no biggy" I think, I'll just wait until everyone gets up then I'll jump back up on the posts. Then I realize the reason im on the ground is cuz we actually succeded in bring the goal posts down, and now im pinned by the neck under the main cross bar and its being dragged forward. I remember screaming and this look of horror on this guys face who was standing above me. I thought I was gunna be the dumbass in the paper the next day "student dies in football celebration". It twisted the [censored] out of my neck, and ripped a HUGE chunk of skin out of me. Bled like crazy and I couldnt really turn my head for about a week. I also lost my shoe [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] heh.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As wacki probably remembers, my girlfriend's ex-boyfriend broke into my house and tried to slash my throat with a chef's knife. I caught the blade on my hand and took it away from him, while pleading for my life. Lost a chunk out of my finger/palm and had a minor puncture wound near my collarbone. Didn't sleep too well for a while after that one either.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats mad and puts the problems we have had with our lasses ex into perspective him taking us to court a couple of times trying to get more access pales into insignificance compared to that.

Apart form that mine are nearly drowned probably about 8 years old in the sea at Scarborough, couldnt swim girl was in trouble near me I went out to try and help lost my footing ans that was it, up for air twice only had my hand above the water when someone pulled me out. Memory is quite clear of that even so long ago.

Few years later in Blackpool at the PLeasure Beach (like a theme park place) my parents and sisters went on the horses merry go round, I went off on my own to the arcades etc some guy tried to abduct me at the dogems, managed to get away from him and off to find my parents.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The last day of school my senior year, my friends decided it would be funny to slip me LCD and speed. I had gone to sleep and woke up on his couch at 2am tripping out, no idea what the hell was going on. I've got a heart dealy where im not supposed to have stimulants (caffine, nicotine, [censored] like that makes my heart skip beats and stuff), so it really messed me up. At one point I remember it felt like my heart had litterally exploded and I couldn't breathe, everything slowly started going black and I realized I was going to die. Scariest moment of my whole life.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is [censored] up dude. Did your friends know you had a heart condition? Did you just ride it out or have to go to the hospital? I am not sure I would be friends with them anymore. Acid can be [censored] up enough, they could have at least let you know.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That is [censored] up dude. Did your friends know you had a heart condition? Did you just ride it out or have to go to the hospital? I am not sure I would be friends with them anymore. Acid can be [censored] up enough, they could have at least let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think they knew about my heart. They wouldnt take me to the hospital either (I kept asking them too), I think they were scared theyd get in trouble.....and yeah, I dont talk to them anymore, and have serious trust issues as a result, heh.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:30 AM

i almost drown in the ocean when i was a kid. it sucked.