Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: So, Am I a fish??

They are smaller because you don't put a lot of money into the pot without a very good chance of winning it. In limit you can play draws all the way to the river etc. If you don't hit them for a day you have a massive downswing.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:04 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. I have what is probably a stupid question. I have never played limit and assume that my playing style will have to change. What changes can you recommend when switching from NL to LHE?
Old 02-09-2005, 03:22 PM

I hate these snotty types of posts, but I have to admit that I was thinking it and am laughing my ass off.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the feedback. I have what is probably a stupid question. I have never played limit and assume that my playing style will have to change. What changes can you recommend when switching from NL to LHE?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are far too many to mention.

My suggestion, take your $198 and stick in anywhere that you can play micro limit and NL (like pokerstars).

If you want to play limit then,

Read Lee Jones Winning low limit hold em (or something like that) and play .25/.50. When you are comfortable and have some hands under your belt and are winning then get Small Stakes hold em by Ed Miller and move up slowly (when you have 300+ Big bets move up a level).

If NL then play $10 buy-in so you have 20 buy-ins. There aren't that many good books, read reuben and ciaffione's pot-limit/no-limit hold em.

Whichever you pick read and post as much as you can in the relevant forum here (small stakes no limit or micro limit). Both are excellent