Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Nexgen 8002

Yeah, I am the sprayer and you just helped me remember my time line better. After a day or so of playing around with the Nexgens I noticed a significant change in feel. This was definitely before I sprayed because I wrote the "My Process.." post before I sprayed and I noted on there about the feel. I think the spray gave a better feel to the label for sure and may have possibly influenced the chip feel as well, but I had apprx. 100 - 150 chips that I did not spray (because I was able to spray some labels before appying them to the chips) and I do not note any feel differences from one chip to another.

I think these chips "loosen up" the more you fondle them. I ordered samples of the 4 new River Tour Nexgens and a couple of others and I'll see if they feel the same out of the box as my current chips feel now and also if the feel changes any with fondling.

Now I need some help on a better design for my next 500 labels....the saga continues!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:17 PM

I have to agree with KV70, when i first got mine I was on the fence whether they were what I thought they were going to be but after after a good couple a couple hundred shakes in a pillow case they feel alot better.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after a good couple a couple hundred shakes in a pillow case they feel alot better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Did you do this before or after you put the labels on? I'd be interested to hear how the labels held-up after such abuse.

-Sam
Old 02-04-2005, 09:55 PM

What's up Jason! Good''' to see you on the forums. I really like your design in your Avatar. I may need to "borrow" it for my next 500
Old 02-04-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after a good couple a couple hundred shakes in a pillow case they feel alot better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Did you do this before or after you put the labels on? I'd be interested to hear how the labels held-up after such abuse.

-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh of course with the labels on, as I said those things are not going to fall off, they need to be scraped off.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:04 PM

Hey Ken, things are good. Let me know on the design i can work one up for you. Try and come up with a name atleast 5 or 6 chars long as that works better than KENS on that design.
This is how they look on mine
Old 02-04-2005, 11:14 PM

Looking good. Ever since I saw your current label I've been picturing a label in my head. Is it possible to have the outer ring of the label match the chip color and the inner ring of the label match the edge spots? I'm a few weeks away from doing anything but I'm just working through some ideas.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:44 PM

Hey Jason - I still need to buy my labels - I'll try to get them to you after I get done with work here in the next day or two.

On a side note, glad I didn't see the new chips before designing the ones I got now....those colors suck ass - but they might look a bit cooler stacked on top of each other cause they get rid of the dot/diamond pattern that's so prevalant with the 11.5 plastic chips.

RB
Old 02-04-2005, 11:46 PM

Anything is possible! I just ordered up a sample of those 8002 to have for color reference so if you end up getting them I'll have the colors to match. ya know what i was thinking for the chips with multi color edgespots was doing an edge that looked almost like the edge of a dartboard with the colors alternating all the way around. I'll mock something up and post it here.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:06 AM

Interesting thoughts for those chips,battle ugly with ugly [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey whiskey, just let me know when you want them and I will get them printed.