Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Do white people find the term \"White trash\" offensive?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I refer to many of the white people in the bar I go to once in a while a white trash.

There are most definately diffrent calibur of white people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand racism. Some would find white trash to be racist. I find it to be a valid descriptor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you need a way to put people down? To feel better about your own position in society? Why exactly do you do it?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I refer to many of the white people in the bar I go to once in a while a white trash.

There are most definately diffrent calibur of white people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand racism. Some would find white trash to be racist. I find it to be a valid descriptor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you need a way to put people down? To feel better about your own position in society? Why exactly do you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. If the shoe fits, etc, etc.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:04 PM

Yisterday I went out to my truck to bring in them squirrels off the passenger side floormat for breakfast. While I was out there, Zeke...Zeke's the feller what sits on thet old sofa in front of the trailer three doors down...anyway, Zeke gets up and punches his woman in the head. She goes down hard but comes up and hits him back. And he goes down hard. I hollered at my wife to call the po-lice afore they kilt each other. And went over with the hose and cooled em off. Anyway it turned out they was fightin' becos she called his brother Bill, "white trash". Now i know Bill and he's a little shifty, but he never caused nobody no trouble except that one time when he got drunk and run up in our yard and crashed his truck through our shed and into one of the old cars I had on blocks over yonder. But maybe she's right becos our hound Ruby went over and bit him on the ass and she don't usually bite nobody but niggers. So maybe he's white trash. I just don't know. Either way I don't see any reason to get offended by it.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yisterday I went out to my truck to bring in them squirrels off the passenger side floormat for breakfast. While I was out there, Zeke...Zeke's the feller what sits on thet old sofa in front of the trailer three doors down...anyway, Zeke gets up and punches his woman in the head. She goes down hard but comes up and hits him back. And he goes down hard. I hollered at my wife to call the po-lice afore they kilt each other. And went over with the hose and cooled em off. Anyway it turned out they was fightin' becos she called his brother Bill, "white trash". Now i know Bill and he's a little shifty, but he never caused nobody no trouble except that one time when he got drunk and run up in our yard and crashed his truck through our shed and into one of the old cars I had on blocks over yonder. But maybe she's right becos our hound Ruby went over and bit him on the ass and she don't usually bite nobody but niggers. So maybe he's white trash. I just don't know. Either way I don't see any reason to get offended by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM

That cracked me up!!!

As for the term white trash, it is IMO, a valid description for some of society (not just in the South). However, society views it very differently than the term nigger. Typical Black / White race relations crap.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:24 PM

I think "white trash" is a very accurate term that describes the bottom rung in society. Although it shouldn't just be used for white people. Everyone mentions Jerry Springer, yet never mentions the fact that at least 40% of the guests are black and they act no better then the white people.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:28 PM

The word/phrase you're looking for is 'trailer trash'.