Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: What would you do here ?

Well, you do have a point that $5 players sometimes can't fold anything - I'll definately give you that. The "correct" move I feel, especially if this were a higher stakes tourney, would be to re-raise here and fold if he comes over the top. AQo is difficult to play out of position. If an ace falls, it will really cost you to find out whether he has AK or not (are you gonna fold to a big raise if you bet at it on the flop?) and if the flop comes q-high it will also take out a chunk of your stack to find out if he has AA,KK or QQ. I think that the worst option would be to fold since you are getting a good price on your money to see a flop. Given your positional disadvantage, I would re-raise in this spot, especially if he has the propensity to bring it in for a 5xBB raise from a relatively late position with a marginal hand. If he generally plays tight, you might need to just flat call and hope to get lucky since you are at this point behind to almost any holding of his, save KQ. If he is a LAG I would definately re-raise him. The downside is that you will need to throw in 10K in order to correctly execute this play and should he call, you are probably playing for all your chips if you get any piece of the flop. But hey, AQo is a hand people go broke with...
Old 02-02-2005, 03:25 PM

I didnt think there was a good enough chance of him folding to my push, that was the only reason I folded. If I thought it was highly likly that he folds here I push all day long.

So I guess there where two reads here he has a pair, and he won't fold it. This brought me to the Fold. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: WHAT I DID

The blinds are my biggest leak. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I think I'm gonna make a post.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 02-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Well, i really dont think I can reraise here less than all-in. the pots too big to make a reraise to 10,000 and there is no way he is folding anything getting 2.66/1. Than getting 2.68/1on the flop. This would more often than not induce a push from mp2 that I have put myself in the position that I have no other option but to call. I would make this play with AA or KK but not AQ.

If I was going to play this I was going to see all 5 cards one way or the other, A push or stop-in-go. Because playing it any other way with the stack size Vs. Pot size makes me to large of a DOG to be a good play.