Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: I know I\'m a quack for posting this about DR 510 down swing, but

[ QUOTE ]
So I counted hands while playing - am I supposed to work on another manuscript while I play? Do you guys build houses or clean the house while you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me old fashioned but between hands I watch the other players.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call me old fashioned but between hands I watch the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. How do you do that in the 8-tables you mentioned you play simultaneously?. (Honest question).
Old 01-31-2005, 06:21 PM

Dog, what are you counting as A-face? AJ or AT? I calculate 3.6% and 4.8% expected vs your 7.2%
Old 01-31-2005, 08:33 PM

I started out counting just A-K,Q,J and then began also counting A-T. Regardless of how many total hands were played, the simple fact is that I saw only about 25% of the flops hit my hand when I played a hand with an ace and a k-T. It's hard to believe a streak could last so long.

Today (my last day of counting, I swear) I hit 28 out of 81 for 34.5% which is much more comforting.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 08:31 PM

I don't want to say definitely that Party doesn't or wouldn't cheat because I have no way of knowing that for sure. But I will say that the idea oof "juicing" preflop hands is completely ridiculous. They have very little to gain from this. Maybe they will collect more rake, but more people will see each flop so each hand will take longer, so I'm not even sure that they would collect more rake. You claim that this will make "mediocre" hands win more and thus, presumably, the losing players will last longer, but that shouldn't be true either. The good players will get more playable hands and will get to see more flops and will have more opportunities to outplay the bad players. I don't see any reason that dealing out more aces before the flop would help the bad players, especially since many of them play badly by limping with "any ace" and all kinds of bad hands involving face cards that they will now get more often. And, most importantly, doing anything shady in terms of the distribution of hands would be easily detectable and they would certainly get caught. If they were going to cheat, there is no reason Party would choose an easily detectable method that will give them little, if any, gain when they could easily choose undectable methods that give them real gain. They just aren't that stupid. So yes, you are a quack.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 PM

Thanks for your input. I am officially a quack.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]