Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: So sick. . .(little to no content)

villain might have known hero to be tricky.

Too much in pot. I don't know.

when you say get it all in on the turn, do you mean villain or hero? I assume you mean Hero.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:28 PM

Yeah I mean hero...the pot is already a good size on the turn, and the villain is still betting at the pot despite the third club. I think a bigger reraise is in order here. If the villain has a big hand, which it appears he does, he isn't folding to a bigger reraise and he might come over the top, at which point he's basically tied to the pot and you can push with the nuts, and if he doesn't, you set up a value bet on a non-threatening river. In this case, our hero made a small raise, and the pot stayed relatively small. Against most opponents, even with big hands, they aren't going to call much on the river without a big club. If you have a chance to get more money in before an action killing card falls, you are better off I think in the long-run. Also, if you pump the pot up more on the turn, it sets up a river value bet where you'll get a crying call and extract a little more value if a 4th club hits.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:30 PM

Sick is good.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:35 PM

You kids and your crazy colloquialisms. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sick is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

ohhhh, that had me confused too. It's like American Chopper. "THAT PAINT JOB IS SICK! ISN'T IT SICK, VIN?"
"THAT IS SO SICK!"

Do you ever get the feeling that people's responses are somewhat influenced by the fact that everyone expects hand posted to be losing hands? It's natural to post losing hands because your biggests leaks are usually in those hands. Perhaps from now on I will try and post two hands every time. One losing and one winning and say it right up front.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your raise should have been 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most cases, yes. Against this opponent, no.

I do have a read. .so please stop this systematic auto raise 3X his bet bull. . . . You are allowed to think sometimes when you play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Min raise is stupid against any opponent if for no other reason than that it makes it less likely they will call a big raise on the river since it tips them off to your hand. Either raise normally, which they will believe or won't believe, or don't raise at all. Min-raising doesn't build the pot, gives off information, and is a play that you normally won't use so it has no meta-game value. It sucks here just as much as it normally does.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as to the question of villains hand.

I am certain it is KK with K of clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I cant see this being something else. So why post the hand? You played it great - you called preflop when obviously you had the right implied odds, and you got him all in when you had the best hand. By waiting to the river to make a large bet you intended to represent a bluff, no? Well done in IMO.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Default RESULTS, and thoughts. . .

OK obviously I won the hand as by me re-opening the betting on the turn and THIS opponent not raising it up it was 100% clear he didn't have the flush.

I read most of the replies and for the guy who said get all the money in on the turn I have to say I disagree. .There is absolutely no way against this opponent the money is getting in on the turn unless he has a flush (and trust me when I re open the betting he will put it in with a flush).

Furthermore I'm sick of people tearing down the minimum raise. .There is a time and place for it (although I use it maybe once a week), I DO USE IT! I BLUFF WITH IT TOO! So that defining hand blah blah blah odds blah blah blah. .He doesn't have a flush, he doesn't have a set, he doesn't have two pair. . .

This post included in the title (Little to no content). .b/c I just found it amusing. .Both our plays were unothorodox. .I mean geez he called me with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . . We have history. .I just thought it was an amusing hand. .

Flame away. .

Ohh and preflop. . Position against this player was worth $8 IMO.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: RESULTS, and thoughts. . .

Fine, this player is crap. So is the min-raise. Fine, you use it. You shouldn't. This hand was entertaining, though, and it did have a disclaimer, so there is no problem at all with your post. But the min-raise is still crap.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:39 PM

Default You\'re crap

n/t