Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Future Demise of Ebay

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I'm gonna take a guess and say Average Sale Price. However, an acronym for some niche market is hardly an intellectual endeavor. My workplace has acronyms too. Do you know what a TPLO, FHO, or MPL is, or what the difference between ARF and CRF is? Intellectual, ha.

[/ QUOTE ]

pshhh, that's nothing. I had to work with the DDK and TCL for a semester while co-oping. Needless to say, the SRs and PMs didn't like us co-ops since we knew jack [censored], but they were just SOL.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:12 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
ARF

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i know that one. you work in an animal hospital right? that's the sound a dog makes.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:19 PM

Why all the anger in this thread towards ipodkid? Ebay has just announced that they are jacking up their fees A LOT.

Before the final value fee on a $39 item (not including listing/buy it now and other fees) would be about $1.70. With the new fees, that would increase to $2.70. That is almost a 60% fee increase, and that does not even include the other fees that they are increasing, such as buy it now, gallery, 10-day listings, etc....

If I was a regular seller on ebay I would be absolutely pissed too. I am pissed about the new fees and only sell occassionally on ebay. I hope the regular sellers are able to move as much business as possible to other auction sites.

ebay got way too greedy with these new fee hikes, and they have sure opened the door to their competition. I hope it comes back to bite them.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why all the anger in this thread towards ipodkid? Ebay has just announced that they are jacking up their fees A LOT.

I would bet Jealousy. Most of these losers hope to win 30 bucks a day to cover their apartment and gas. Myself I make that ever 30 seconds a day. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would bet Jealousy. Most of these losers hope to win 30 bucks a day to cover their apartment and gas. Myself I make that ever 30 seconds a day. Thanks for the heads up!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its because you are a damn jerk store.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:21 PM

Acute Renal Failure
Old 01-23-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I have a free iPod?
Old 01-23-2005, 05:36 PM

Maybe this can help get Overstock further off the ground. I go there as an alternate, but it has a long way to go to become the monster Ebay is. Rarley find what I need. I have no idea about Ebay's numbers or their financial situation, but every business has the job of increasing revenue. It would appear, that since they rent space, they either have to rent more space or increase the rent to make more money. Since I only use ebay to purchase, I have a hard time believing that these costs won't be passed along to the consumer anyway. PM me a link to your store and I'll check out your stuff.

PM
Old 01-23-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most of you are not educated enough to even be debriefed on. I am mearly

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not educated enough. Hmm. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of these losers hope to win 30 bucks a day to cover their apartment and gas. Myself I make that ever 30 seconds a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That comes pretty close to 3,153,600 per year. Pardon us while we bow to your superior intellect and earning ability.