Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: On a downswing

I believe it's been pretty well stated that the 5/10 full ring on partypoker is the hardest to beat on that site. This is because all of the gamblers go play SH and fish with big bankrolls play 15/30, and the ones with small bankrolls play 3/6.

Try dropping down to 3/6 full or learn 5/106max assuming you have 450...much much MUCH more profitable.

Good luck
Jon
Old 01-23-2005, 09:52 PM

hand 1:fold preflop u have a dominated hand thats out of position unless its a very tight table full of rocks then u can raise it up preflop.with a loose aggressive table muck it. tight is rite in very loose games.
hand 2:i would have gone 4 the check raise on the flop.if i had J10s then i wood have bet out 4 fear of the over cards and i would want the flush draws to pay 4 thier drawing hands 2 beat my top pair.with middle pair and gut shot hand i would try a semi bluff even though im out of position.
hand 3:i would check preflop as bb why let the world know i have high cards preflop.then check the flop and if someone bets on the flop raise.representing that as the random bb hand i had a 5 in my hand
i want u 2 buy some hold-em books so u can correct the many flaws in ur game.also drop down in stakes 2 get more expierence b4 u land in the poor house

good luck

the shark
Old 01-23-2005, 09:54 PM

Yes, I was playing 10/20 6 max. It was still horrible.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1:fold preflop u have a dominated hand thats out of position unless its a very tight table full of rocks then u can raise it up preflop.with a loose aggressive table muck it. tight is rite in very loose games.
hand 2:i would have gone 4 the check raise on the flop.if i had J10s then i wood have bet out 4 fear of the over cards and i would want the flush draws to pay 4 thier drawing hands 2 beat my top pair.with middle pair and gut shot hand i would try a semi bluff even though im out of position.
hand 3:i would check preflop as bb why let the world know i have high cards preflop.then check the flop and if someone bets on the flop raise.representing that as the random bb hand i had a 5 in my hand
i want u 2 buy some hold-em books so u can correct the many flaws in ur game.also drop down in stakes 2 get more expierence b4 u land in the poor house

good luck

the shark

[/ QUOTE ]

Your advice is terrible. Please move your poker discussion here. They're closer to your skill level.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:59 PM

I'm in on a -135BB swing. Had the worst tilt of my pro life on Friday and probably could have escaped with a -75BB swing if I'd quit earlier. Such is life. I played yesterday and broke almost exactly even after 3000 hands. I'll play tonight and I'll play tomorrow. Must beat Tosh. Must pay rent.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:03 PM

Please stop posting answers as they're terrible.

If you want, start posting questions.

Writing "4" instead of "for" or "2" instead of "to" is just about the lamest thing I've seen.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Hand 1. Check the turn. Check/fold the river(split pot or losing)

Hand 2. standard

Hand 3. Raise the river...check/fold until you improve
Old 01-25-2005, 12:19 PM

no no. this is great advice. i'll PM you next time i'm playing, and if ur on u can cum 2 my table and coach me. sit on my right, k?

kewl.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:31 PM

I dropped 100 BBs playing solid aggressive poker at Party 2/4 last night. Sometimes you just can't beat the fish.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 PM

yes. very, very solid.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button <font color="#A500AF">(Villain (sfer))</font> raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button <font color="#A500AF">(Villain (sfer))</font> caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain (sfer) raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain (sfer) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain (sfer) caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain (sfer) bets</font>

sthief09: check-raise
sthief09: do it
Hero: bastard river counterfeiting me

I think long and hard.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain (sfer) 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 2h 8h (two pair, kings and eights).
Villain (sfer) has Ts 7c (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 23 BB. </font>