Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: More words of wisdom from Master Fischman...

A douchebag and a condom-head?

Man, he must get a lot of action.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 PM

Wow, Im really shocked that he doesnt post here....prolly doesnt know anything about poker anyway just won 2 bracelets as a 23 yr old....Oh and Raymer's latest posts have been invaluable in my developement as a poker....oh no thats right he basically comes in here talks about how he is gonna kick someones ass(ya im sure all these guys are real scurred of a 39 yr old ex-patent attorney)

How do you guys decide who to love and praise without any regard to reality, and who to flame mercilessly, constantly question their skills, and just generally make fun of ??
Old 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you guys decide who to love and praise without any regard to reality, and who to flame mercilessly, constantly question their skills, and just generally make fun of ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I reject the underlying assumption of your question.

I'm all for making fun of absolutely everyone without discrimination.

Is ol' Trojan head a better poker player than I? Almost certainly. This does not reduce the glee with which I'd ridicule him. Then again, he ain't at all special in this respect.

ps - your mother dresses you funny.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:00 PM

Though I'm sure Fishman is a bit of a prick, I'm also pretty sure he makes more money than 98% of all the two plus two posters. Not to sound like I'm defending him.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Geez, I don't know what's worse, Fischman's audacity in turning in this crap to CardPlayer or the fact that the Shulmans actually published it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not have said it better myself.

Cheers
Old 01-20-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one says he can't play, just that his articles are really horrible.

I read the whole article, and it's really laughable. I've never seen so many words with absolutely no analysis or instruction attached to them. Seriously, my favorite part is that he explains how online it's easy to keep track of stack sizes, which is very important. But the article doesn't go any further - no thoughts on WHY stack size is important, what he looks for, even something as simple as how the size affects his play.

No one questions his results, he did well this year, but these articles are just ripe for ridicule, I'm sorry.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he say which phase comes first? I would think that's important....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 01-20-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After Robert Varkonyis article anything is an improvement.

"These days, it appears that everybody and his mother are playing in no-limit hold’em poker tournaments: home tournaments, local tournaments, national tournaments, international tournaments, seniors tournaments, college tournaments, celebrity tournaments, televised tournaments, online tournaments, fund-raiser tournaments, professional tournaments, freeroll tournaments, single-table tournaments, rebuy tournaments, satellite tournaments, supersatellite tournaments, shootout tournaments, double shootout tournaments, multilevel qualifier tournaments, heads-up tournaments, championship tournaments, superstar tournaments, superstar championship tournaments, and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extra special mention to this string:

"championship tournaments, superstar tournaments, superstar championship tournaments,"

What I can't figure out is how he decided that after mentioning 23 different kinds of poker tournaments he figured that was enough and ended the sentence with and so on.

I think we should send him an email with a list (or run-on sentence) of ALL the types of poker tournaments he missed, such as:

county tournaments, state tournaments, provincial tournaments, junior tournaments, teen tournaments, military tournaments, non-televised tournaments, 2-table tournaments, 3-table tournaments...

I'm sure he would appreciate this information so I will take the time to email this to Mr. Varkonyi. Please make sure I don't miss anything.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does he have a condom on his head [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I'm taking this slam dunk, but since nobody else will...

He's wearing a condom on his head because he's Boyd's tool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it has been there since conception.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no!

it's obvious, isn't it? The condom is on is head because Scott is a DI*K HEAD.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After Robert Varkonyis article anything is an improvement.

"These days, it appears that everybody and his mother are playing in no-limit hold’em poker tournaments: home tournaments, local tournaments, national tournaments, international tournaments, seniors tournaments, college tournaments, celebrity tournaments, televised tournaments, online tournaments, fund-raiser tournaments, professional tournaments, freeroll tournaments, single-table tournaments, rebuy tournaments, satellite tournaments, supersatellite tournaments, shootout tournaments, double shootout tournaments, multilevel qualifier tournaments, heads-up tournaments, championship tournaments, superstar tournaments, superstar championship tournaments, and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extra special mention to this string:

"championship tournaments, superstar tournaments, superstar championship tournaments,"

What I can't figure out is how he decided that after mentioning 23 different kinds of poker tournaments he figured that was enough and ended the sentence with and so on.

I think we should send him an email with a list (or run-on sentence) of ALL the types of poker tournaments he missed, such as:

county tournaments, state tournaments, provincial tournaments, junior tournaments, teen tournaments, military tournaments, non-televised tournaments, 2-table tournaments, 3-table tournaments...

I'm sure he would appreciate this information so I will take the time to email this to Mr. Varkonyi. Please make sure I don't miss anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Mr Varkonyi was attempting to be humorous.