Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: $100-$200 Tunica Hand- Pre-flop & River decision(s)

During tournament time the higher limit games can get very good. When there is no tournament, I'm told they rarely get anything above a 30-60 off.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: You guys are REAL good! - RESULTS

Thanks elysium-

I did think very hard about folding, but the loose bb's call combined with the aggressiveness of the two other players caused me to believe I would receive sufficient implied odds to flop a set. As for what I'd do if I did NOT flop a set:

For the most part, I've learned to cross bridges as I get to them. In other words, I try and choose the best available option at each decision point and deal with the following result when it comes. I'm not saying I don't try to anticipate future action or scenarios, just that the threat of something unpleasant doesn't necessarily deter me from making what I feel is a correct play at the time. I thought seeing a flop with pocket nines (at the time), was correct.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:34 PM

Yes its a good game. 20-40 is always awesome down in Tunica, but during tourney time the bigger limit games get good. The big pot limit omaha games are real good as well.

Flop and turn and pretty straight forward.
I raise the river pretty quick in this game.

Also, anyone raise preflop? I generally go ahead and put in the raise preflop because of the overall agression in this game; I dont want to face 2 bets back to me out of position.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: You guys are REAL good! - RESULTS

hi kevin

this isn't 'pocket 9's' kevin. this is '88, 99 come over the top pre-flop', starring 2 solids, and costarring the loose tag along. you must rehearse the for the flop act. you must know the lines. this is a 'how are they going to do it'.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is the tunica 100/200 this good of a game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there a month ago playing at all sorts of limits all over the place and it's some of the juiciest action in the world. And you get dirt cheap rooms and every meal comped.

If you've never gone -- go. I'll be back there as soon as I can, as my parents are going to need me to buy them a new car soon.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com