Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Bruce Lee

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After thinking about this a little, I'd like to change my answer to the same one john nickle used in his response to the five-year-olds thread: 'all of them.'

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally believe Bruce Lee is a MUCH tougher mofo than Lewis (and could therefore kick his ass). 2+2ers would not land more than a few akward/misguided blows on Lee. Lennox would submit to the power of the mob while Lee's speed/agility would allow him to take out THOUSANDS of us. He trained like a madman and I wouldn't be surprised to have him last a marathon 24+ hrs taking out 2+2ers

I don't think that "all of them" is absurd here. The only real drawback for Lewis is that he'd eventually break both of his hands on human skulls. As for Lee, I think you'd have to keep pouring mobs of people on him til he passed out from exhaustion. I suppose that would happen with Lewis also, but I think his hands would break first unless he focused on midsection shots.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-18-2005, 03:49 AM

Lewis is at a disadvantage though, because his danger is limited to above the waist. If you get a skilled tackler (Sup Bro?) to dive at his ankles and do some sort of alligator death roll manuever, he's on the ground and done for assuming there are more than 5 people around to stomp him.

Lee would make a mockery of all challengers. And, if Lee helped Lewis out and took on all his attackers when Lewis was on the ground, the number could get HUGE real quick.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:05 AM

Unfortunately, Sup Bro doesn't have over 100 posts. Hopefully we can make an exception.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lewis is at a disadvantage though, because his danger is limited to above the waist. If you get a skilled tackler (Sup Bro?) to dive at his ankles and do some sort of alligator death roll manuever, he's on the ground and done for assuming there are more than 5 people around to stomp him.

Lee would make a mockery of all challengers. And, if Lee helped Lewis out and took on all his attackers when Lewis was on the ground, the number could get HUGE real quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strategy for us is emerging here. We take Lewis down hoping Lee comes to his aid, try and drag Bruce down and then stomp 'em both.

We still need like 50+ guys to do this. Having an enclosed space is important. Taking down Lewis is the easy part.

NT
Old 01-18-2005, 04:11 AM

The problem is that there is a huge moral hazard risk from the 2+2 team. It's obvious that there needs to be, at a minimum, 13 2+2ers who are willing to take one for the team and get knocked the fck out.

I don't know about you but my plan is to sit back until Bruce and Lennox get knocked down. Then I'll jump in and try to smash some heads.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:20 AM

This isn't a movie. Lee could take out thousands of us? You kidding me? The average 2+2er is probably a worse fighter than the average male, but 10 and a max of 15 could easily swarm Lee, drag him to the ground, and finish him.

People have this warped idea that Lee is 100 times tougher than anyone else that has ever existed. It's a joke. There is a reason that kung fu/karate guys aren't elite MMA fighters, and its because they are easily taken down.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a movie. Lee could take out thousands of us? You kidding me? The average 2+2er is probably a worse fighter than the average male, but 10 and a max of 15 could easily swarm Lee, drag him to the ground, and finish him.

People have this warped idea that Lee is 100 times tougher than anyone else that has ever existed. It's a joke. There is a reason that kung fu/karate guys aren't elite MMA fighters, and its because they are easily taken down.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend, you are wrong. He is a legend for a reason
Old 01-18-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My friend, you are wrong. He is a legend for a reason

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya... he did movies.
I think a better fight scenerio would be 2+2ers vs Frank Mir and Randy Couture
Old 01-18-2005, 05:09 AM

You guys are making far too much of Bruce Lee. You do realize he was like 5"7 and 140 lbs right? Thats like my little sisters size. Ten decent guys mob rush him and I'd make him the underdog. He has a background in boxing and as everyone knows is remembered as the worlds best martial artist. But he was not a ground fighter. Having our group rush him in all directions, shooting at his knees until we took him to the ground would be the gameplan. People are forgetting how HUGE it would be to have a good wrestler(s) in our 2+2 group since our gameplan for both opponents would include taking them to the ground.

Mike Emery
Old 01-18-2005, 05:13 AM

Ya.. but then the wrestlers would have to agree to run in first and have a good chance of getting [censored] up.