Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: $30/$60 How Aggro Should I Play This Hand?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the chances are of 1 out of 9 players randomly having AK/AQ, but they're probably not low

[/ QUOTE ]

Probability for at least one of 9 players have AK/AQ is 16.31%. Probability for at least one of 9 players have AK,AQ,AA,KK,QQ is 23.54%.

You also often don't need to put another bet PF when someone has AQ cause AQ tend to cald call or rare fold in these spots. And you could also push out this hand if it doesn't hit postflop.

Not raising KQs UTG SH is defenitely a mistake. Not raising UTG full game is somewhat borderline i believe, and it depends on how much are implyed odds are cause they can overvalue folding equity in some cases. Though i myself prefer raising.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do u not raise kqs in a 5 handed table, *cough* loosen up ur cootch its a really strong hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read what I wrote, I said i"ve never played in a game where I WOULDN'T have raised it.

I'm raising it every time.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:34 AM

bruiser this question may be basic, but ignore astro and continue posting what you want to post. i post some basic questions sometimes as well, they are good for fine-tuning up your game to make sure you seal your leaks. the experienced players on this forum might not learn anything from hands like this, but youre a valued part of the forum and if youll learn from posting a hand, then post it.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are my hands too basic and dumb for the mid-high limit forum? If so, sorry, I will cut back on my posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. Keep posting hands no matter how 'dumb' they seem. It's how you get better.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:45 AM

I don't mind looking dumb, I just didn't want to clog up the forum with bad stuff and waste other posters time asking them to answer simplistic questions for me. But... since you all want me to do it, I will continue to do so!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are my hands too basic and dumb for the mid-high limit forum? If so, sorry, I will cut back on my posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall, Jay posted a TON of hands, some of them basic, when just learning limit. Doing so is probably part of what allowed him to get so good so quickly...

Keep 'em coming.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted a ton and it really helped my game. I've taken a big break and since coming back to poker i'm not feeling very good about my game so i'm going to be posting a lot of very common hands soon.

re: this hand. Don't bet the turn, you have no folding equity. Also note, that in his hand it is unlikely you get checkraised on the turn but in others it will happen, that would suck.